Monday, September 30, 2024

Sad News and Good News

 Last week was a week.  It began with my cousin Diane who lived in Alaska her Memorial Service was live on Facebook.   She was 68 years old. She died after heart bypass surgery.  Her Mother and my Mother were sisters. 

This past Saturday was my second cousin Patsy's funeral, she died from a tick bite that went to a bacterial infection and then septic...she was three months younger than me...her  Father and My Grandfather were brothers.  She spent the entire summer on hospice. I sent a card I did not attend the funeral.

Then Little Elvis died on Friday...that hit me hard.  He and I had a special connection. He loved me unconditionally. 

Friday was also a bit of good news, my second biopsy came back with clear edges!  Thank goodness I don't have to have more surgery on my face!   AND all of my eye tests came back okay, the Doc says my eyes show normal aging.  I also learned that I have an appointment with a different Rheumatologist...but not until April of 2025...this is after waiting two months for a referral and being accepted by their Rheumatology Department.  I am doing my PT exercises and I believe it is making a difference...I have PT appointments starting October 10th. My stitches in my face come out on Thursday this week. It is a medical appointment week ...we have six appointments....it is what we do. 

So the good news outweighs the bad I am not on hospice, I am not dead, I don't have to have more surgery on my face, I can see reasonably well and we can make it by ourselves to appointments...and we still have some dogs to love...Sadie, Baxter and Smudge.  


Far Side

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie