Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Cleaning

I an attempt to keep my head above water, I started some Spring Cleaning.  The downstairs bathroom is done..I went through the cupboards and through the drawers, tossing and organizing.

Men are so much different than women.. We have a toothpaste spatter ghost that visits our bathroom.  How do I know it is a ghost?  I brush my teeth while hanging my head in the sink.  Far Guy claims he never ever looks into the mirror while brushing his teeth. So it must be a ghost.

Far Guy has stuff to make him poop and stuff to make him stop pooping.  I told him that he has enough product on hand to supply a small country, and he better be careful that he doesn’t get all mixed up.  I tend to use the “natural remedies”..prunes and bran muffins..and then cheese.

Far Guy has a problem if he hasn’t pooped by 10AM..by 11AM he declares himself all stopped up. Then he begins to get crabby.  I tell him to drink more water..he replies “I drink coffee that is the same thing.”  We have a standing argument..I say “NO” it isn’t ..then he found some article that was written by a Doctor that said Coffee was as good as water…I give up.

I did an inventory of my makeup..do you suppose that if you open an old compact and the makeup sponge breaks in half that it is over the hill?  If you cannot get the mascara open anymore..and you cannot remember the last time you wore mascara.. do you suppose it is time for some new stuff? I usually only wear a little eyeliner and eye shadow and then my carmex as a lipstick. One minute or less and I can be done with “makeup.”

Hopefully I will finish up the laundry room/furnace room today. I did part of the kitchen a short time ago..so when I hit that room it should be a piece of cake.  It is not window washing weather yet..so that will have to wait.

IMG_2067 Welcome to mud season, it rained yesterday, and then it snowed again last night.  We did not get the storm that they predicted for us.  Our driveway is very long..and very muddy and it is a good thing we have four wheel drive or we would not get in or out unless we walked:) 

Blog Signature

18 comments:

Karen said...

Does Far Guy read your blog?:)
I know what you mean about all the old stuff that a person tends to hang on to, or maybe just doesn't bother to throw out. When we did the bedroom closets we had to sort through everything, and that was a good (and sometimes entertaining) thing.

Muffie said...

Oh, how I laughed when I read this -- it could have been written by me. Yes, the Hubby with the tons of meds!! Yes, to the toothpaste spirit! Yes, to the old makeup! I, too, am attempting to spring clean, but I need Hubby's help, and he's a bit 'crabby' right now!
Peace,
Muff

ancient one said...

So typical ... sounds just like us...

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh baby, the Toothpaste ghost visits our bathroom too!!! I swear I don't know how so many splatters can end up on that mirror!

Once when I was a young teen I went on a trip with my mom, grandmother and aunt. We all got up one mornin' and my grandmother was constipated and my aunt had diarrhea. My we all piled in to car to hit the drugstore and low and behold...they sent me in for Ex Lax and Kaopectate. I could of died!!!

Sounds like your is full gear of spring cleanin'! Girl...go buy ya some new make~up!

God bless and enjoy your day :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have enough meds to stop and start an entire country! LOL!

Old Hen with a Pen said...

Okay, I'm sorry, but I had to laugh about your argument with hubby on the coffee issue. I work at a home health company, and the nurses are always saying coffee is a natural laxative. A nice, fresh, hot cup of coffee will do the trick most of the time. Even for me. :) I love your blog..and yes, I'd agree it's time for new makeup; and that toothpaste ghost is a busy little guy...for he visits both bathrooms in our house daily. I don't know how he keeps up!! Have a grand day!

Rae said...

You are so ambitious. I need to do some tossing and organizing too. Makes you wonder how all that stuff accumulates. I think it multiplies on it's own.

Country Gal said...

I am killing myself here lol lol lol
Hope Far Guy doesnt read your blog.
As for the make up I stoped wearing it a few years ago dont know why just did lol and the tooth paste thing yeah we have a tooth past ghost as well lol. Loved your post today gave me a good chuckle. Have a great day.

DayPhoto said...

YEAH for MUD SEASON!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

You have me laughing Connie!

When I married (20 yrs ago) the Mary Kay lady sold me makeup....I still have it!!!!

lisa said...

Now that I am not working, I guess I don't have no excuse for not doing spring cleaning ;)

Linda said...

LOL you made my day.....if your household is normal then I guess we are too. The Bossman and the Far Guy could get together and discuss "product". I looked in the porch junk drawer this morning and I'd need a five gallon pail to haul all the stray bolts, nuts, staples and whatnots back to the shop where they belong......if you've got man training hints to stop this habit please let me know;)

DJan said...

Well, you better get that spring cleaning done before you need to start that job, so you did good. And that is such a funny story about Far Guy. He obviously doesn't read your blog

linda m said...

Sounds like my house. Don't throw anything away cuz you might need it some day - not that it is any good when "that" day arrives. Happy Spring cleaning.

Lanny said...

There is a toothpaste ghost at our house but he uses the same toothpaste Dirt does, Bet's a soda user and I use a clearish toothpaste. The ghost and Dirt use blue and white stuff. The ghost doesn't swish out the bowl and leaves globs of toothpaste behind, Dirt doesn't, he cleans his up! The ghost goes in and brushes his teeth just before me and after Dirt. He's a very quick brusher.

Dirt and I aren't old enough to have potty problems yet. I don't believe coffee is the same as water... its better!

L. D. said...

I had to clear a path in my basement so the city could replace the water meter with something new with technology. They can drive by my house and read the meter by waving a wand. Anyway, I wasn't in too bad of shape down there but I want to return and spring clean my basement.

Lynda said...

Don't you wish it could just magically go from a snow-packed road to a dry one? My sister has clay (lives in GA) and it gets really slick.

Pamela said...

he sounds like my dad. If you had a headache then it meant you didn't have your daily constitutional.