Friday, April 15, 2011

Head above water

I am just trying to keep my head above water this week. I have had appointments every day this week. Those old poking and prodding appointments at the regular Doctor..and then at the eye Doctor too..he wanted to do some fancy smancy tests for Glaucoma and corneal thickness.  I got new glasses that I will use for driving at night.  AGE..we are ALL GONNA EXPIRE..(now I feel like Gary Busey on The Apprentice..between him and Meatloaf I am entertained on Sunday evenings). 

I was scheduled to make a trip to Mpls/St Paul on Saturday to tour the Capitol Building..I had to cancel..there is just not enough of me to go around. They had a waiting list..so now someone else will be able to go. Someone that isn’t trying to keep their head above water.

I just want to stay home one day..well that ain’t happening again today.  I am hopeful that Saturday or Sunday will be all mine..it seems my day is always one day off.  I know I sound like a selfish old broad.

My Potassium is still very low..I cannot keep my levels up.  Now the Doctor has increased me to three horse pills a day.  I am pretty disgusted about that. Perhaps that will kick in and give me the added energy I need.

I insisted the Far Guy get the door on his truck fixed..you could not open or close the passengers door.  To get in you had to either jump through the open window like a teenager or drag your old fat body through the drivers door over the bucket seat and the stick shift to the other seat. It was all unsafe..not to mention uncomfortable..especially after multiple stops..one day I thought about just riding in the way back..in the truck bed. I wrote a check last Friday after the door was fixed at the auto body shop.  Their bank bag was stolen.  Well that caused a bit of excitement on Monday morning and caused me to lose one day this week..I closed accounts and opened new ones.  Far Guy was fit to be tied..and I tell ya if either of us would catch that criminal he would be trussed up someplace tarred and feathered minus some body parts. Yes, we could have just watched the account waiting for suspicious activity..that would have driven Far Guy nuts and kept him awake at night.

April 9 first pussywillows

Another sign of spring..the first Pussy Willows.

It has been a week and it ain’t over yet..I am off to bake Birthday Cupcakes for the grand girls so we can deliver them later:)

Blog Signature

19 comments:

Country Gal said...

WOW, You deffinatly have had a busy week, hope sat and sun are slow and quiet for ya. For me now a days I'm not that old but there are days I feel 90 what with my chronic aches , IBS , bumed knee and being in the midst of the life change , I tell Papa that I am falling apart and or broken lol he is a bit younger then I and I often tell him his turn will be comming with the aches and pains and what not , I said by then we both will need walkers lol Have a great day !

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Whew...I thought maybe your house was in danger of the risin' waters there!!!

You are one busy lady girl, need a lifejacket??? I often say I need a wife to help out 'round here. Hehehehe!!!

Take care of yourself sweetie, you are a precious treasure. I sure hope you the the Saturday and Sunday of your dreams.

Have a blessed and (I use this loosely) restful weekend! :o)

Laura said...

Here's hoping you get a day to yourself!
And I hear ya with the ailments...Seems like once I got close to 50 they started with a vengeance...and keep on coming!

Connie Peterson said...

What a busy week! Sorry to hear about the money being stolen!

I have to take 8 of those horrible potassium pills a day --- 4 in the morning and 4 at night. For someone who just started taking pills less than 10 years ago, this is awful! My doctor said he'd make it so that I could take only 2 pills a day, but they would be quadruple the size of what I take, now!! Ooofta! Hope YOUR potassium is good now!

Judy said...

What type of food contains potassium? Bananas I think...keep that potassium up and sleep through the weekend...

Patsy said...

Made my head spin! Hope all will be better next week. I hate dirt bags that steal.

Rudee said...

Perhaps you need to make an appointment with yourself and keep it!

Not poking my nose into your potassium (K+) issues, but some people have issues with subtly low magnesium levels that keeps the K+ low, too. If we don't correct magnesium in those patients first, we never get anywhere with the K+. Just a little food for thought.

Anonymous said...

A day off sounds grand! Sorry to hear about the doc visits - and the bank bag being stolen. Oh dear.

I've got the knees of an 80-year-old and they are very painful indeed! Age! Usch.

CiCi said...

You are being bombarded lately. I know you will be able to relax when you get past all the busy stuff. It is snowing here today. We were working on the lawn this week and now it is all white again.

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

I look at my calendar and Sr. the Dr. appts and wonder when did I become my mother. Then I realized, I became my mother's age. I used to fight it with hair color. Now it takes a little more. Keep on fighting Mother Nature. She can be a real challenge.

LindaG said...

Crazy crazy. You did the right thing about your account. We had to do the same thing a couple years ago.
Hope you get better soon. ♥

Emma Rose said...

Poor Far Side :( I hope you get some rest this weekend.

Kisses for Chance,
Emma Rose

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

I hope the potassium kicks in soon. Of course, given all the cleaning you just did, along with everything else that's going on, it's hard to believe you don't have a lot of energy and stamina! You definitely deserve a day off. And thanks for the pussy willow photo.... I think they are just magical, and I don't know where to find them around here, especially where it would be okay to cut a few.

lisa said...

Oh my, you are having a heck of a time. I hate weeks that seem like all you do is run, run, run! This week has been one of those weeks for me also!

Linda said...

I'd just like to have a day to get out of here, but it's the same thing....busy, busy and more busy!

Lynda said...

I do not like over-scheduled weeks either - - - especially when you did not get to do all the scheduling!
In addition to the pills, do you eat foods high in potassium? I looked at the list and actually like a lot of them.
Praying you have a restful weekend, too.

DJan said...

Gee, Connie, are you working yet? Where are you going to slip in that in your busy life? Sheesh! You make me tired just listening to your days. I hope it lets up a little for a while...

carolina nana said...

And when did you say you start that new job???!!!!
Blessings

Pamela said...

A lot of work to switch your bank accounts.