Thursday, July 22, 2021

Baxter day care

 We dog sat for Baxter yesterday.  I went over and picked him up...he was happy to see me and to go with me.    

I wondered how he would do in our yard and how good his recall would be.  He visits often so he knows the yard.   He came every time I called him...treats in my pocket helped as he is food driven.



We went over to the neighbors and he ran and played with Titus and Opie.  His tongue was hanging out!  

He has some separation anxiety...he would be just fine and then realize he was missing his people. 


This is like find Waldo ...can you find Baxter?


Hey Lady ...lets go! 


Toward the end of the day I had to put the leash on him...he acted just like he wanted to take off down the driveway.  He was done with doggie day care and wanted to go home...so we gave him a ride....his people were back anyways....with little people that will keep him busy for many days! 

The Gator belongs to my baby brother and we use it from time to time.  Baxter and I gave it a good wash cause it will haul around lots of little kids in the next few weeks. 

Baxter is about 10 months old now.   He has the same dog trainer as we had for Chance.   

Far Side

30 comments:

linda m said...

Baxter is a real handsome dude. Glad you got to spend some time with him and he behaved for you.

Pauline Persing said...

Baxter sounds like a smart dog.

Sallysmom said...

Doggy day care is a way to have a dog without actually having a dog.

Gemma's person said...

Baxter looks really smart and pretty as well.

Shirley said...

Awww he's a big boy now! I bet you enjoy having him over. We are dogless now too so I always enjoy when dogs and their people vivit us :0)

thecrazysheeplady said...

A good experience for everyone :-).

DJan said...

Baxter is adorable. I miss Chance, though. He was very special.

Ed said...

We have the Polaris version of the Gator on the farm and it is very handy to have, when it starts.

Sara said...

He's still a "kid", but sounds like he is pretty well behaved already. A pretty dog. I get my "doggie fix" when I visit my daughters and love on their dogs.

Dawn said...

He sure is a looker, that Baxter! He's still a puppy, I bet in time he will get better about being with you and away from his folks, but will always be glad to get that ride home!

Maebeme said...

What fun! Baxter is such a cutie.

Rita said...

Such a sweet dog! But they always miss home and their people. :)

Betsy said...

What a handsome boy. He's a "teenager" now isn't he? It sounds like you all had a good time and I'm sure as time passes and he visits more, he'll know he's fine with you and his people will soon return.
Blessings,
Betsy

Victoria Zigler said...

Baxter sounds like a sweet and smart dog. Glad you got to spend some time with him, and also that he behaved for you.

Bonnie said...

Baxter is sure growing into a fine young dog! It's good for him to visit once in awhile so he stays accustomed to your home for when he stays over. Besides, I have a feeling you two enjoy his company. I sure would!

The Great Ethan Allen said...

10 months! Still a puppy! I wonder who gets separation anxiety worse: the Cat... Or me! If there is a risk of delaying the trip home, I have to think about the cat(s).

Miss Merry said...

So sweet that he missed his family even when having a good time out and about.

Terry and Linda said...

What fun to have a dog again. Even if for a short spell.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

What a handsome dog

Granny Marigold said...

Baxter is a lovely dog and seems to be coming along just fine.

aurora said...

Baxter looks right at home!! Nice that he was such a good boy for you. That is one shiny Gator!

Linda Reeder said...

I'm sure it brings you joy to have dog visitors.
Our borrowed cat mad an appearance at our lunch party today. He was appreciated and happy to join the party.

diane in northern wis said...

That Baxter sure is a cutie! I'm glad you guys get to doggie-sit him once in a while. Your flowers look lovely and so colorful. Fun riding around in the Gator too? Looks like Baxter is used to riding!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Baxter is just too cute!

Diana said...

Awww! What a fun day for you and Baxter! It sure is great when you can get your "dog fix" huh! He sure has grown... quite the handsome fella now!! ❤️

Leah said...

Baxter is getting big! How nice that he visits you. Hope your dad is feeling well soon!

At Home In New Zealand said...

Baxter is adorable :)

Cynthia said...

Baxter is beautiful! It sound like you had a grand time doggie sitting him.

L. D. said...

Baxter is a cool dog.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

He is a very handsome dog! Doesn't look like a puppy anymore!