Saturday, September 11, 2010

Six Sided Puzzle

The little girl in me sometimes gets carried away.  Recently at a garage sale I found a six sided wooden puzzle.

IMG_6540

It came with four of the pictures.  Noah and I sat down with it last weekend and worked on each puzzle one by one.  Noah finally said “Grandma there must be a key to this puzzle..it must have a secret, they should all turn one way or the other to find the pieces of the next puzzle.” ( Spoken just like his Grandpa..boy brains are so cool, they are always looking for a shortcut)   Noah worked methodically trying to find the clue..I just kept turning my block over and over in my hand until I would find the puzzle we were looking for.  Eventually I gave up and said “Okay, what is it? One turn to the right or the left or up or down?” Noah very patiently explained the secret of the puzzle every time I asked!

I should have taken photos of the other two puzzles that it makes..perhaps the next time I get out my new toy.  This is a twenty piece puzzle, I believe it was manufactured in 1984.  So it is not really that old, but Disney items sometimes increase in value.  I paid five dollars for this puzzle..what do you think..too much..or was it a good buy and have you ever seen one like it before? :)

17 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

No, I have never seen one of these...what a challenge. A great find:)

GramMary said...

If it entertains the grands . . . priceless!

West Side of Straight said...

I think you had fun putting it together! A great find. You can tell it had been played with. We'll have to try it sometime!

Merideth in Wyoming said...

Since Noah likes it - money well spent! Cool Puzzle.

PeeJay said...

I bought one, new, when my eldest grandson was born. It spent 18 years in the toybox I had here for my grandchildren. Last year I passed it over to my youngest 3 grandchildren (they were 1, 3 & 7)for their toybox. It's not a Disney one but it's definitely a 6 sided wooden block puzzle. Came in it's own wooden tray as well. They used to be quite common here in the UK.

Lynda said...

That looks like a clever puzzle. I am not the puzzle person in our family. That would be my husband, daughters, or sister. They really enjoy them. They just frustrate me!

Emma Rose said...

I have never seen one of those but I can tell you I would not have the patience to work one!

Anonymous said...

Definitely a good buy! And great fun too.

Barbara said...

oh that is a great find, and I know it will be used many a time, hugs and blessings, Barbara

lisa said...

I think it is money well spent! If nothing else it sure keeps the grandkids entertained!

Anonymous said...

I've not seen one of these but I love it. I think you made a great purchase and time with the grandson is priceless anyway!!!

The Retired One said...

Very cool! I haven't seen one before and it is well worth it's cost in entertainment!

gayle said...

I have never seen a puzzle like this one. Looks like it would be fun to do with my grandson.

L. D. said...

It looks like you have a Disney collectible there. The illustration is a lot dated to make it old. They are a cool puzzle and it's cool he figured it out.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I'd say you got your five dollars out of it just spendin' time with Mr. Noah. Ya never know what a puzzle like this might bring on Antique Road Show but you can't put a price on time spent with a child. Sounds like a fun time!

God bless and have a great weeks!!!

Rita said...

Never seen one before, but it is awesome! Worth the $5.00 regardless. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, forget the grandkids having fun! I'm 81 years old and still love six sided puzzles.