Tuesday, September 14, 2010

After Supper Ride

Last evening after a wonderful meal of grilled pork chops and spaghetti squash Chance and I headed out to capture the sunset..and whatever else caught our eye. It was too nice of an evening to stay indoors. 

Chance the co pilot Chance was the copilot, he helps to keep watch.  He is very alert and attentive to our surroundings.  I have a rule, when I stop to take photos..he stays in the car and observes.  I either take my keys with me or roll down my window so I can unlock the door..he would never be able to unlock the door for me if I locked the keys in the car..would he?

Dead beaver area

We drove slowly to the Dead Beaver Area, I have not been there for long time..and the water was really high from all the rain we have had.

Purple and yellow flowers

We ventured on to one of my favorite spots, to capture a photo to show you the purple and yellow wildflowers on the prairie. The light was fading fast, all summer the sun takes forever to set..I have time to think about where I want to go and time to get there.  Not so with Fall sunsets..they sneak up on you really fast..you are where you are.

IMG_7371

We saw some deer in the neighbors hay field..four of them..all those photos were too dark and blurry..they were running away..but we did get a nice shot of the moon..and then we drove over to Hooch and Oddas to visit.  We drove a whole six miles and it took us two hours, we still have mosquitoes and the air was full of some kind of fish fly hatch down at the Dead Beaver area. The leaves are slowly starting to turn, I hope we get some good color this year..it has been pretty wet..so I am not holding my breath :) 

13 comments:

Country Gal said...

Wonderful photos! I love the fall sunsets. We also will be taking lots of photos when the leaves have changed, it is so pretty to see and capture all the colors. Our trees are starting to change now some more then others and the air is nice and cool and sweet smelling.

Carey said...

We need a view from the hills looking east, for a morning sunrise..think you can do that?

Anonymous said...

What a lovely evening. I hear you about those fall sunsets - they are here and gone before you know it!

Rita said...

What a delicious 2 hour short trip with Chance! I can picture the deer hightailing it out of the field. But I'll pass on the zillion mosquito bites--hehe! ;)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Carey..I can try..for my readers this is my brother that lives in Oregon..he wants me to get up early..LOL..I have been known to take photos in my jammies:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the evening. I am always amazed at your landscapes due to the large, flat open spaces. The wildflowers are so pretty.

Becca's Dirt said...

Great photos. Always love to see Chance. Are you sure Chance could not unlock your door - he's so smart. LOL

DJan said...

I agree with Becca: Chance could probably open that door if he needed to. Wonderful photos, even without the wildlife. The wildflowers are beautiful. You're right about that sunset coming upon you so quickly at this time of year. Just wait another two months!

DayPhoto said...

Beautiful photos! You are so right...have your camera with you..the sun falls fast to night.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Linda said...

LOL I have an extra key hidden in the box for "dog lock outs".

Emma Rose said...

Great photos :) Now I'm waiting for that sunrise too!

Emma send kisses for Chance.

Leah said...

You and Chance had a grand night out -- I enjoy those drives or horseback rides too you never know what you are going to find....

Changes in the wind said...

Thanks for taking us along:)