Monday, September 6, 2010

Chance: Hello Again My Friends!

It is I the most handsome Border Collie in Minnesota!

IMG_6608 

I am in charge of the blog today. Usually I am just in charge of chasing squirrels and chipmunks..sometimes I catch them too..yeeww too much info.  I don’t suppose you would believe that I am a catch and release kinda dog? 

IMG_6237 Far Side said I should tell you about how good I listen to Far Guy.  So we have to go back a few days..Far Side was driving herself to the Dentist and us guys were just riding along to keep her company and to drive her back home safely.   As we pulled into the parking spot in front of the Dentist Office, Far Guy said “Chance and I will go get gas while you are inside.” Far Guy opened his door and got out..and I followed him ..yup I was hot on his tail to get this “gas”.  They both hollered at the same time “Chance..get back in the car.”  So I did.  Far Guy said “Why in the world did he get out? He is so good about staying in the car.”  Far Side said “Duh..he listens to your every word…he was following you to go get the gas.”  She started shaking her head at us and making that clucking noise with her tongue that drives Far Guy nuts…so he drove away.  He did find his way back to the Dentist Office to pick her back up again..and when she came back out she was talking all funny and said “ust ive me ome” Far Guy is pretty smart, he figured it all out on his own that she wanted to go home!  He didn’t even say “What?” :)

17 comments:

lisa said...

Love that the dogs listen to their commands ;) I love the Yarrow in the last post, I have never heard or saw it before, I love the fire brick ones the best!

Anonymous said...

Chance, you are a good boy and oh, so handsome. Connie, I hope your dental problems are over now. Enjoy the day.

Gail said...

Chance, you are such a smart dog. I want to be just like you when I grow up!

DJan said...

It's not YOUR fault that you listen so well, Chance. Far Guy shouldn't have said that if he didn't mean it, right? And Far Side needs your incredible ability to make her feel better. Just keep her company, okay? You can tell her I told you to.

Rita said...

He is the most handsome! That is for sure. Where can I get one just like him? I'm looking for a new pup or even a grown dog that owner is unable to care for any longer. Yours is so beautiful! I can't imagine watching him run each day and playing with him what a lucky couple you are. Enjoy!

Rita said...

Such a smart guy, you are! :):)

Connie, I hope the dentist visits are finished for now? You need a break!!

Connie Peterson said...

Chance, you are, indeed, the most handsome Border Collie in Minnesota - possibly in the Midwest (and maybe in in the US!). It is wonderful how you take care of your people and love them so well. Connie, I hope you are healing well and quickly. It's nice that Far Guy understood your commands to go home so easily.

Linda said...

I love the first picture of you Chance. You're quite a dog!

LadyFi said...

Your poor mum - hope she's feeling better!

You are such a handsome dog - one of the most handsome (along with Oscar, of course)!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

This chick is sure not gonna argue with ya, I'm sure your the most handsome dog in the state. Don't tell but you have Tiger the Wonder Dog beat all to thunder.

Our cat had a chipmunk one morning just the other side of my sun garden. The cat would chase the chipmunk and the chipmunk would chase the cat. I told hubby, "oh look Mambo has a new little playmate. Later when I went out to mow I found the new little playmate...ahummmm...might I say...not so playful.

Have a fun day Chance and give Connie a big old tail way 'Howdy' from me.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

oops, I don't know if dogs can spell but I meant 'tail WAG'!

Jeanne Estridge said...

Chance, you're such a handsome dog. If Far Gal ever gets tired of you, you can come hang out with Emmy, Abby and me.

Lynda said...

Dear Most Handsome, Obedient Chance - - Is Far Side well enough to give her a kiss to make her feel better - - - or is it best to stay away from her face a few more days? I say let her pet you if it helps her to heal. That will add compassionate to your title, too.

Maery Rose said...

My, my Chance. What a long tongue you have! And a beautiful coat. Who does your hair? Java wants to know.

Covnitkepr1 said...

My problem is...I would mess up taking a picture of a concrete block...honestly. I do love viewing God's creation as captured through the camera of others and you have done that quite well.

I’ve been following and enjoying your blog for some time now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.

L. D. said...

I know Chance you just have to throw them for a loop once in awhile. They didn't know you would make a great dentist assistant dog that would sit next to mom to make her feel better.
I have a lot of your mom's blogs to catch up on but need to go trim trees from the flowers. Catch you later Chance.

DayPhoto said...

I agree with L.D. Burgus, Chance...I'll bet you would be a good dental assistant which would really help our your mom.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com