Friday, September 17, 2010

Milestones

Well I made it here..to the Scrapbook retreat.  I only drove by once…Jen and Sarah were already here. Unloading went great, I got everything unpacked, and in place and got ready to create.

sep17 177

Here is were I slept for a couple of hours…yes I brought a blankie and a pillow from home ..so sue me.

sep17 196

I have been busy..

sep17 183

This is just a rough layout..it may or may not be the actual two page spread. Most likely it will be ..this trip was back in 2007, just Far Guy and Chance and I off exploring in Michigan. 

My chair was really uncomfortable, I could not get it adjusted correctly..so I did what any other Mother would have done..I stole Jens..this mornings conversation went like this “ MOTHER did you mess with my chair?”..she had spent about twenty minutes last night adjusting it so it would be just perfect for her.  Little did she know that it was perfect for me too.  I replied “ Nope I did not mess with it..I stole it.”  I expect that when I take a break and leave the room she will steal it back.

Oh yeah..this entry is supposed to be about milestones.. how many blog entries do you suppose I have as of today?  Who woulda thunk it..I wanted to get more better at writing.  I guess I will have to continue..onward and forward.

One thousand entries have been made at this blog…I still have more to say, I am not sure what it is yet..but I am not out of words… yet.    I would like to thank all my readers and commenter's who have made me a legend in my own mind. 

There is a mirror above the kitchen sink here, I peeked.. and there is some old woman in there:)

23 comments:

DJan said...

Wow! A thousand? Now I feel inspired to keep on going. Your style of writing and honesty about your feelings and your life keep me smiling and I'll continue to visit for the next thousand! And hey, that same old woman is in MY mirror, too...

Changes in the wind said...

Don't you just hate it when that happens:)

Merry Mary said...

Congratulations on one thousand entries, that is awesome and even more so because you have something interesting to say every day! Have fun scrapping.

Patsy said...

I love to visit with you every day so keep the post coming. I went to a scrapbook retreat and it was lots of fun.
Patsy

Lynda said...

I, too, like visiting with you but I want to know why you stole my mirror!!!!! If I buy a new mirror, does that mean I will get a better view?!!
Congrats on one thousand!

Anonymous said...

You made me giggle today Connie! You are cute as a button...I have a feeling there is going to be a war of chairs this weekend. Have fun!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

"Who woulda thunk it,I wanted to get more better at writing." Heeehehehe, you've got your funny on today! WoW, congratulations on one thousand informing, entertaining and funny post, plus all the wonderful pics you have shared. Ya just keep on throwin' those words out her and well keep scoopin' 'em up!

It must be contagious....there's an old chick in my mirror too!

God bless and have an incredible day you legend you! :o)

Judy said...

Where did all these old chicks come from???

Rita said...

Maybe Jen will adjust the other one, too, so the battle can cease--ROFL! I like having my own pillow with me, too. :)

Looks like such fun! Hope we see more pictures. Congrats on 1000 posts!! :)

RURAL said...

I am so charmed by what you wrote, and will be back later to leave a longer comment.

Enjoy yourself.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

DayPhoto said...

I bring my pillow and blankets with me too.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Emma Rose said...

I always bring my pillow. It goes in my suitcase when I fly. Congrats on the 1,000th post. That is really an accomplishment!

As far as the mirror goes - I always tell myself that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I'm so glad my husbands eyesight is failing!!!LOL

Emma sends kisses for Chance :)

the Duchess

Barbara said...

Well good for you, have lots of fun and learn something you can teach us, lol have a great time, hugs Barbara

Red said...

Congratulations! Keep it up. You do a great job.It's a hobby that does wonders to one's head.

Linda said...

Congrats on the stolen chair AND the 1000 posts....you deserve the chair for all those posts.

The Retired One said...

Happy one-thousandth!! How wonderful!
And, I loved your spread on Michigan...I recognized the Mighty Mac Bridge immediately and the shores of the Great Lakes...my home! I hope you got to cross the bridge to make it to the U.P. (where I live0 which is by far, the prettiest part of Michigan! LOL

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great reads! One-thousand and counting I look forward to you humor. Even if i may have to laugh at my self one in awhile. My first thoughts, like many others was what were you doing looking in my mirror?
Always travel with my pillow and have a blanket in the car.
Love the sewing machine in your room. If you can't sleep sew! Have a great weekend. AZ

Anonymous said...

HI AND CONGRADS ON THE POST, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN SEEM I HAVE THE SAME KIND OF MIRROR. KEEP POSTING IT MAKES MY DAY. GW

Gail said...

Wow! A thousand is a lot and each one has been a joy to read. Here's to a thousand more!

Anonymous said...

1000 entries! That is quite an achievement! Here's to many more!

Your scrapbooking looks good...

RURAL said...

I didn't have time to leave a longer comment yesterday, for some reason they expect us to show up on time for work, humpt.

A thousand posts, woman you rock! Way to go, and we are expecting thousands more. I have enjoyed all of them as long as I have known you, ah....about 2 years now. That's eons in bloggy time.

Way to go.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

West Side of Straight said...

Glad you're having a good time there. Wish Jen HB! Congrats to you on 1000 entries!

L. D. said...

One thousand entries, I don't think I will live that long. I certainly will have to have a new computer. The retreat looked like a good way to get some scrapbooking done.