Sunday, September 26, 2010

I am cranky

My husband says I am cranky. He may be correct. However the more he suggests it..the crankier I become.  Even if I was not cranky to begin with, by the time I have heard “Gee you are cranky” a couple of times..by then I am a tad cranky.

Far Guy says  I shouldn’t have ripped the Chief a new anus when he called to talk to him the other day.  Oh well..I have been around a day or two when the Chief was in one of his  “moods.”

My other baby brother called me one day..he said “Sis..don’t growl when you answer the phone, be cheerful, and be nice”  Then two minutes later the freaking phone rings again..I holler “HELLO..this is Cheerful Connie.”  He replies..”Just wondering if you were listening to me.” 

I am on a phone strike..I am not answering the stupid thing..I am ignoring it.  I have had it with it interrupting my thoughts and  disturbing my well being.  Far Guy said he could rip it off the wall for me and throw it in the woods..he also said that if I needed to dial 911 at any time perhaps I could send them an email.

Men..between my husband and my brother..they are ganging up on me..and I think they are picking on me.  I think they like irritating me.  They want me to shut up..my brother said that perhaps when I am disgusted with someone I should just “grunt”.   What kind of a hair brained solution is that?

My husband thinks that I should never say anything negative. I am serious..sometimes I can actually see him raise his eyes heavenward and plead with the powers that be for me to shut up.   Everything I say should be kind and positive.  Like the other night when he nearly abandoned me at a local store..where I had just received horrendous customer service.  There isn’t anything that gets my goat worse than poor customer service.  I could have called the owner of the store..instead since I have an aversion to phones..I emailed him.   Now if I had taken Far Guy’s advice I would have said “Thank you so much for having a service available that is not available, I love coming to town twice because you have taken a vacation from your job.” Or maybe I should have just grunted.
IMG_7711
Here is the pretty picture for the day. This is the young gentleman that passed us at about 75 MPH and caused people that were in the oncoming lane of traffic to give him the one finger salute. He wasn’t wearing his seatbelt either..you can see the strap on the right is the same as the one on the left..unoccupied.

Far Guy had a cow and called him every name in the book..I was nice and said “Perhaps he didn’t see all the oncoming traffic..or perhaps he is in a hurry to visit his dear mother.” :) 

22 comments:

West Side of Straight said...

Oh, what a day for you! Maybe you and I should go for another drive!!!!!!!!!!! Altho I hate poor cust service too - - and drivers like the one that passed you. I have been know to report them to the sheriffs dept!!!!

Emma Rose said...

LOL! That last paragraph had me in tears. Far Guy needs o practice what he preaches :) We have the smae "problem" here.

Emma send kisses for Chance!

the Duchess

Rudee said...

If you express yourself in a negative way, you're cranky, and if the men in your life do the same, they're justified? Sounds like the same issue in my neck of the woods.

Expressing yourself gets things done and if it doesn't, it's a satisfying way to blow off steam.

I do agree about the phones. I carry one for work, one for me and then there is the home phone. I answer the work phone because I'm paid to do so, and I answer the others when it suits me. If I don't answer, people are welcome to leave a voicemail. I may or may not get back--it depends on how cranky I feel.

Complaining about poor customer service in respect to his eyeglasses, my husband got 2 new pair of glasses from Lenscrafters. Brilliant. If he'd kept his mouth shut, he'd have been stuck with scratched lenses and broken frames. It pays to be a thorn in the side.

Merry Mary said...

I don't like being cranky and when I am cranky for no reason it drives me bonkers! Right now I'm cranky cause I have to mow the lawn -yuck.

You know, if you look quickly at the picture of the truck you have posted, those clouds could be mountains in the distance. I love to pretend I live near mountains :)

lisa said...

You may be cranky but you sure made me smile! Tell Far Guy to buy you a punching bag to take your frustrations out on ;)

Lynda said...

Tell your husband your mama didn't name you Pollyanna! She is the only one who has to be optimistic all the time. - - - - - I know many persons who get tired of their phone so they turn the ringer low and use answering machines to screen their calls. - - - - but that wouldn't work with our cell phones unless we left them on silent. hmmmmmm

RURAL said...

I for one like Cranky Connie. She's funny, and she tells it like it is.

Gar gets nuts at me when I tell him he is cranky [which isn't very often, but when....oh boy].

Don't answer the phone, that's why they made answering machines, and as for poor customer service? I am sure that the boss would like to know about the impression his staff is making. He should thank you for showing him.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

Country Gal said...

For me I just blame it on my menopause lol I cant stand stupid ignorant people, The staff at the store are there to serve customers with respect and remember that its the customers paying that makes them their cheques and there fore they should bend over backwards to make the customer happy, as for the driver I hate drivers that think they dont have to abide by the laws! Thats my take on it lol. If I have something to say I say it. Hope after all this you endored try to have a good day !

Rita said...

I'm still giggling! Your post made me uncranky--LOL! ;)

DJan said...

Another reason why I'm glad we didn't get a landline when we moved up here. We each have cell phones which can be turned off or silenced whenever I want! And you are so right that cranky is in the eye of the beholder!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I blame it all on the hormones baby! Heeehehehe! My problem is that everyone is used to me bein' up and cheery all the time and when I do have a day, it's like...what's with you mom???
Hubby dare not say anything.....he likes to eat! :o)

God bless ya girl, it's so nice to know your human!!!

Shirley H. said...

I do think that the men, bless their hearts, really look to us wives to keep them cheered up every day. It is a sort of left handed compliment.

Gail said...

A delightful post that made me smile!

I think we have earned the right to be cranky and no one should point it out!!

Patsy said...

I am Laughing out loud
Patsy

Anonymous said...

I would like to join your club Connie! I have a saying, "If I ruled the world......."
Maybe this week will be better for both of us.

Linda said...

Ah....we should get together cause I've been told I'm a cranky old bat too.

Anonymous said...

LOL - sounds as if Far Guy was a tad cranky too?

Karen said...

Thanks for the laugh:) I'm with you on a lot of it, particularily the phones and the lousy drivers. Despite being on a 'do not call' list, we get far too many calls from foreign call centers, trying to sell us this and that, or upgrade to something better. We have been letting a lot of calls now go to the answering machine.

Karen said...

PS, and I'm with you too on the cranky bit:)

wendyytb said...

I have caught myself in a cranky mood lately too! Is it our age???

Lanny said...

Oh wait, Far Guy wasn't "cranky" with him was he! Bwahahahah. It is good of you to admit your crankiness, I'm still in denial.

DayPhoto said...

You made me laugh out loud!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com