Sunday, October 22, 2023

Yard work

 I mulched leaves in our yard again, they are mostly down.  There are a few in the woods yet hopefully they will not blow into the yard.  We need to work on a couple of bad areas where leaves collect if one day the weather is nice and we feel like a project...or not. We can always hope that they will blow away in the Winter wind! 



The lawn was clear and then I blew the leaves off the patio:(

Our yard to the West...no leaves to fall in that area!! 


I mulched over at my other baby brothers shop...his grass had grown again and was catching leaves...now maybe they will blow away.  The wind was cold coming off the open fields as I did his driveway and the clouds looked like rain but it didn't come this way.  I got cold and was ready to quit with that project.  I still have another property to do and then go over to my baby brothers house...I am sure he has lots of leaves for me in his yard. 

I put a roast in the oven so we had roast beef, potatoes, gravy, baked carrots and fresh bread for supper.  The oven and the baking bread made the house warm and cozy and it smelled so good!

 Far Side

18 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Smelling a roast cooking is better than eating it when it’s done.

Ed said...

The leaves are just starting to fall here. I'm hoping to mulch a lot of them for my new garden plot but mother nature is not playing nice. After all year in a severe drought, we are forecasted to get two days of rain in a few days. If it comes, and I am doubtful, I'll have to wait awhile for the leaves to dry out again before I mulch them.

Maebeme said...

It's good of you to take care of the mulching duties for so many properties. Stay warm!

Linda Reeder said...

While we are still occasionally grilling outside, it's becoming that time of year when I start thinking about pot roasts and stews and soups, warm comfort food that fills the house with wonderful scents.
Our leaves are still hanging on and very slow to color up in our yard, but driving around we are enjoying all the autumn color that is happening now.
You have been busy dealing with leaves, that's for sure. But then busy is good, when you feel well enough.
Take care.

Sandra said...

You are the expert mulcher! I can almost smell that meal.

DJan said...

So nice to get indoors after getting cold doing good work outside. And to have those comfy smells as well, it sounds perfect. :-)

Red said...

We are to get 10cm of snow tomorrow so the leaf thing is over. You'll probably get snow in a few days.

Terry and Linda said...

I love your yard

Henny Penny said...

It's looking like winter time up your way. Wish you could drive that mulcher through my yard a time or two. I haven't raked the first leaf yet. The trees sure are pretty on your trail ride (last post).

Miss Merry said...

Your dinner sounds amazing! It rains every other day here. It is so mushy.

Rita said...

Nothing like the smell of a roast cooking on a chilly day! :)

Jenn Jilks said...

Nicely done!

L. D. said...

Your leaves are all down. That is amazing how we live in such different zones. Your getting a lot of mower time in this week.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Oh how I miss a nice baked (roast) meal as you have described

diane in northern wis said...

Your dinner sounds so delicious. Bet your house smelled wonderful.
Wow you're really busy mulching all the leaves. Our trees are still full of leaves and bright colors...but one day soon I know they'll be on the ground. Take care....stay warm.

Tired Teacher said...

I enjoyed raking leaves in the Fall. Your yard looks ready for winter.

Betsy said...

You're a trooper on that new mower. Muching everyone's leaves for them is maybe a fun job? I think I would love riding around on it myself and think that you do too! :-)
I can just smell that pot roast cooking. Nothing better on a cool, fall day.
Blessings,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Your dinner sounded so good. I always loved it in the Fall when I would make Ed Debeviks roast....it was a tradition for the first chilly Fall weekend.