Thursday, August 3, 2023

Lunch and a crochet bag

 The pattern was free...it was an interesting idea...an origami crochet bag.

You crochet a rectangle ...that part was really easy.  I had a fancy design...but it was not showing up in the yarn that I chose so I winged it and just did a double crochet.   My final measurement was about 60 inches long by 15 inches wide.   Then you fold it several times to make the bag and sew the places where it meets up, turn it so the seams are in the inside and make a handle...next time my handle will be longer. It took 372 yards of yarn or 8 ounces and I used a size G crochet hook. 


It was a fun project.  I gifted the bag to my wonderful friend Susie because she has a birthday coming up on Sunday!   We had lunch and lots of laughs yesterday!  So good to spend the afternoon with a very old friend...we met in 1975 when we lived across the street from each other. 

 Far Side

13 comments:

Sandi said...

I like it!

DJan said...

That's a neat bag. And happy birthday to Susie!

Maebeme said...

Very nice! It looks a good size too.

Sara said...

That's a very clever bag. It's really fun to meet up with friends we've had for decades, especially if we haven't seen them for awhile.

Terry and Linda said...

You are so talented!

Sandra said...

How wonderful is it to have such a longtime friend! I like the bag and I know Susie does, too.

L. D. said...

There isn't a recipe that can have a tweak that will make it better. I am sure your friend will treasure this bag.

Rita said...

Oh how cute! I'm sure Susie will love it.
Happy birthday to your old friend. :)

Granny Marigold said...

Meeting up with old friends is always fun and nice that you had a birthday gift for her.

Betsy said...

That is such a pretty and fun bag. Did you use acrylic or cotton yarn? Happy Birthday to your friend. Tomorrow night I'm meeting school friends that I went from K-12 grades with. Our 45 high school reunion is Saturday night, but I'll probably just go tomorrow.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Betsy, Yarn Bee Soft and Sleek from Hobby Lobby.

Debi said...

What a nice birthday gift! Love the yarn you used.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

What an interesting pattern and cute too!