Thursday, January 12, 2017

Still Sorting and Updates

Yesterday I made progress with the big sort…I was in a throwing away mood.  I cannot possibly keep every Thank You Card or Birthday Card I have gotten for the past 25 or 30 years.  I kept a few…the real special ones…the ones the Grands scrawled their signatures on…and the ones with Chance’s paw prints!   Far Guy kept far less than me. The sort continues…

Embroidery Floss project

My embroidery floss containers were straightened up and all the wayward needles put away properly!

Today is the day we will have –50 F windchills.  The wind will blow the snow all around.16 plus at the snowstick

We are supposed to warm up on the weekend.  I am looking forward to it!

Got snow

The path to the sauna needs some work, your boots would fill with snow.  No sauna is worth snow filled boots.

My other baby brother is home from the hospital.  He is not 100% yet …it all takes time.

Far Guy is having a little less pain with his TN this week…he smiled a few times.

Noah got the Flu right after his four wisdom teeth were removed.

And I am not as cranky as I could be.

Blog Signature

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Noah! I hope he feels better soon - also the others who are having pain. Glad that Far Guy can smile again without TN pain. With that condition anything that affects or uses the face causes pain.

Shirley H.


linda m said...

Happy to hear your sorting is going well and that Far Guy is feeling better as well as your brother. Poor Noah, I would give him a hug if I could. Keep warm.

Pauline Persing said...

Hope all your family is feeling better by the end of the day.

Mac n' Janet said...

Glad to hear that you're a bit less cranky, cranky and cold are not a good mixture.

DJan said...

I don't think I could manage in temperatures that cold. Yikes! I like that colorful picture of the embroidery floss. And glad to hear that FG is gradually getting better. :-)

Sam I Am...... said...

I need one of those "throwing out moods" and now that I bought that dye equipment I REALLY need to throw some stuff away. I can't keep bringing stuff in without getting rid of some or the house will explode! Glad to hear Far Guy was able to smile and I hope he feels better and better. I need to clean up my floss containers too and so much more! Keep it up...you're motivating me! LOL!

Lady Fi said...

Sounds like a good week! I love that shot of the colourful threads.

Terry and Linda said...

Interestingly I just did a big sort of my threads and needles...why do I not keep things sorted and in order I don't understand!

A warm up is so APPRECIATED in the dead of winter!

Linda

Red said...

Well, the last sentence is a big bonus!!! However, minus 50 F would make me crabby too. we've had the deep freeze but only lows of minu 25 C

Rita said...

The important thing is not to be as cranky as you could be--LOL!
Glad FarGuy is feeling better. Hope Noah will be better, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Love how refreshingly honest you are. I like to think I am never cranky, but that probably means I AM cranky . . . and in denial too. Glad to read that FG has less pain. Brr, eh?

Country Gal said...

I get on those throw away moods to lol ! Oh hope all are feeling better soon. We have no snow left after all the rain wind and warm temps we are green once again but soggy YUK ! I get cranky when we have days upon days of no sun shine and I cant get outside due to the weather but thankfully we will be having sunshine tomorrow so I will be happier lol ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

Granny Marigold said...

Well, hopefully things are getting better at your house and will continue to do so! It's hard to keep from being cranky when it's cold and bleak, let alone if you are in pain.

Anonymous said...

So very sorry about your brother, Noah and FG. May God bless them. You are doing a good job with the sorting. Your weather is unimaginable to me. Stay safe. Hugs to Chance.

Leah said...

You have been busy - I need to get busy (taxes; cleaning; purging) - the list is long!

Linda Reeder said...

Your winters are brutal! Wishing everyone a speedy ride on the road to recovery.

Karen said...

Temperatures like that would make anyone cranky. I cannot imagine....

Paula said...

I hope that things continue to look up!