Friday, January 20, 2017

Chance: Roof Roof

Hiya it is me the most handsome Border Collie in all of Minnesota.  (Humble too.)

Did ya know that when it gets warm outside the snow sliding off the steel roof sounds like a freight train is coming through the house?  WELL it does. Scared me and Far Guy too and we were inside…Far Side just said “OH shit.”  Sometimes she swears…betcha didn’t know that did ya?

Far Side has been working her fingers to the bone and recycled paper flies out of the house on a regular interval.  That means we get to go for a ride!  Didja know that she has been saving Christmas cards, letters and photos since 1997…wowza…

Chance and his blue ball

Well back to that scary sound that the roof makes…it now requires that I am accompanied by BOTH of them when I go outside to do my duties.  If I have to go…so do they!

Do ya know about the bike to nowhere?  When Far Side rides it I bring her the ball…she can throw left handed…she is particular she wants it dropped into her hand…none of the bounce once you can play ball too stuff…if I drop it she will not get off the bike to nowhere to get it for me.  SO then I talk to her and she talks back…she has no idea what I am saying but she answers me anyways.  If I whine she whines, if I bark she barks, Far Guy just laughs…old people are easily entertained.

IMG_2196

20 comments:

Kathy said...

Very clever title to this post! I love you Chance. Dogs are wonderful!

linda m said...

You are so funny Chance. Love your blog today. I could use a bike to nowhere just to get me moving again. This wet weather has kept me inside. Aren't you glad Far Guy and Far Side care enough about your well being that they accompany you outside - don't want to see you buried in a snow fall from the roof. Have a great weekend.

DJan said...

I have wondered where you've been, Chance. Nice to have you back to posting again. And glad to know you've got a posse to help you if you get buried in the snow. I'd play ball with you if I lived closer. :-)

Kansas Kay said...

Hahahaha! Funny!

Leah said...

We have that train roof problem too - yesterday it was crazy busy and it scares the b-jes__ out of Kodi. Oh my gosh, you swear!!!!

Intense Guy said...

Very nice to see you posting Chance!! Winter must be really rough on you as you get older.

Sam I Am...... said...

You are SO good to those old people! We have to humor Mom here too.....she doesn't want to admit it but she forgets sometimes to give us our treats but we remind her, gently of course. I'm glad they have us because really? Where would they be without us.....it's scary to think about it! Watch out for falling snow banks! ..........Nitty, Annie, Grace and Miss Peeps

Tired Teacher said...

An avalanche of roof snow doesn't get much warning - glad you're being safe.

Sounds like you've got FarSide trained well, but be patient on the dropped ball trick a bit more. She'll eventually get it.

Shirley said...

Chance you are a good boy to keep them entertained! But watch out for those snow slides when you are outside, they wouldn't want to have to dig you out!

Terry and Linda said...

Old people are easily entertained! Boomer and I always like when it's your turn to post, Chance!

Boomer and Linda

Cynthia said...

Hey, Chance, Bob the Border Collie writing back. You can have that snow and that freight train noise. I don't fit under the new bed my people bought so I just stick my head under and hope for the best when noises like that happen.
Stay warm, buddy.

Rita said...

Those bikes to nowhere must be quite puzzling for you.
The snow rumbling and crashing off the roof can be quite startling.
Yes--you are the most handsome and most humble of dogs. :)

Country Gal said...

Giggle ! Cute post . Yes hubs company makes those steel roves and he ships them all over the world . Miggs say WOOF ! I think that may mean hello in dog language lol ! Have a good weekend !

Linda W. said...

Hi Chance, glad you are surviving the cold winter!

Red said...

Chance, you're lucky to live with two old people who look after you so well and love you!

The Furry Gnome said...

Yup, that sure is a scary sound!

Granny Marigold said...

Chance, you are too funny!

Linda Reeder said...

I have one of those bikes to nowhere too, but no doggie to play ball with. Far Side is lucky to have you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chance, This is such a cute post. Wishing each of you a delightful weekend.

L. D. said...

Our neighbors to the west let out their medium sized dog two evenings ago and the dog decided to attack both of us. It sounds bad but but wasn't as much as the dog was so aggressive and not being controlled. I could not get Barney to go for an evening walk now as he does remember the incident. I will have to take him out early evening now and avoid the area, if he lets me take him. I am not so sure that my yelling extremely loud at the didn't make Barney think that he too was in trouble.