Friday, January 27, 2017

Ongoing Project: Christmas Photo Cards

This year we put all our Christmas Cards and letters into saddlebags.  It worked great, as the cards and letters came in…about 90 of them I double checked addresses and shredded envelopes right away.

Yesterday I emptied the saddlebags.

Saddlebags

It was a way cool place to keep cards and letters.

Christmas Cards

The greetings were read again and then recycled.

The photo cards…

Photo christmas cards

were admired and then put into sheet protectors in a three ring binder. 

So my Christmas Photo Card project is completed.  The photo cards were marked with the year using a special pencil to mark photographs.  They joined previous years photos.  Not every photo was saved but the majority made the cut…child, sibling, nephew, niece,  cousins, aunt, uncle and special friends.

Some of the Christmas photos dated back a long time.  For days I kept finding a few here and a few there…I may hope I have them all rounded up now. 

I also finished up the Special Occasion Project I was working on…four days early!!  Yeah for me! It was a great trip down memory lane.  I had to speed it up, I knew the approximate dates I was looking for…and got er done.

I got a start on the grands photos in my archives and I will return to them every day for a folder or two…I hope.

Next on the list Christmas letters. It will be a big sort.

Blog Signature

11 comments:

Henny Penny said...

You really do get things done! I need to stop planning and making lists and actually get to work. :) Those pictures of Paige playing Hockey are great. Bet you enjoyed watching her...bet you're proud of her too. She is amazing. You and Far Guy sure have a bunch of good grandchildren!

linda m said...

That really is a clever way to keep Christmas cards. Glad you are getting some projects done. Have a great weekend.

DJan said...

I'll bet those saddlebags were originally used for something else and well re-purposed. Makes me smile to think of how organized you are. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a great way to collect Christmas cards and letters. I like it!

Kansas Kay said...

Neat idea for the saddlebags! I got my Christmas tree put away yesterday- What a big job! And so glad that it is done for 11 months or so!

Red said...

You are super organized!

Granny Marigold said...

You definitely do get things done!!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Connie. Love the saddle bags. You sure are organized. I hope you enjoy the photography class. That would be fun. Hi to Chance.
Mildred

Paula said...

What a cool idea! This year I got a whole total of 2 Christmas cards. Guess how many I sent out....2!

Sam I Am...... said...

Those saddle bags are gorgeous! Are they for a bike or a horse? You sure get lots done! Good for you!

thecrazysheeplady said...

LOVE the saddle bags!