Saturday, January 28, 2017

Those Christmas Letters

I started two red three ring binders for the Christmas letters.

If you ever write a Christmas letter my suggestion is to put a date on it and sign it yourself instead of just typing your name…make it personal.  It was like a huge puzzle here trying to figure out what year was what. Finally reading through the letters and doing the math I figured it out.  I had old Christmas Letters from 1996 – 2016 to sort through.  The file cabinet I kept them in is quite empty now.

I found letters from both of our daughters before they became mothers.  They are interesting bits of history.  I made copies of them and will include them in the Grands folders but I ran out of page protectors the non glare kind.

So the Christmas Letter project is done but the Grands binders filled with keepsakes still need a little work.  I need one more newspaper clipping.  They are close to completion.

Today I am off to a photography class, I should stay home and work on something but tomorrow is another day.  Today is a “me” day.  I think I have earned it.
Wagon Wheel 2
Blog Signature

16 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

I think you've earned it also! Love the photo!

Linda

Lynda said...

Hope you have LOTS of fun today! You have earned it and deserve it! The stuff at home will be there on a bad weather day when you can't get out. I admire you getting everything in order. You all can enjoy it more and it will be less of a puzzle when someone has to sort after you - - - far in the future.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I love "me" days, but rarely get to take them. I save Christmas cards and letters also, but not in an organized way. I like the idea of doing that...just have to find a day or two to do it. Have agreat weekend!

Patsy said...

My ME days seam to be over, don't know how that happened.
That is great way to look at history. I get most letters that are
far away friends. Family about gone.

Red said...

It takes a very strong person to take me days. Why don't you start the celebration of a National Me Day?

Paula said...

I've never really liked Christmas letters. But yours sound awesome!

Karen said...

Have fun at the class. Love that photo!

still the lucky few said...

"Lantern resting beside wagon wheel." a beautiful image!

marlu said...

The wagon wheel and lantern make a beautiful photo!

L. D. said...

It will be fun to go talk about cameras and photography things.

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed your 'you' day. Love the photo!

Henny Penny said...

You sure have earned a "me" day. One of these days your grandchildren are going to really appreciate all the work you've done. Oh, I appreciate your thoughts on the American Girl doll.

Linda Reeder said...

I slowed down today, no big projects, just a garden club meeting, a four mile destination, a little raking in the yard, and then catching up with blogging. We will go out to a movie this evening.
I have kept all of our Christmas letters from over the years. I have also kept any that my daughter has sent. They are in the home safe right now. Some day they will go into a binder to be handed down to my daughter and grand kids.

Granny Marigold said...

You sure do deserve a day to get out of the house and do something different. You'll be back to sorting letters before long, I'm sure.

Sam I Am...... said...

Good for you! It sounds wonderful! Enjoy!

DJan said...

Very nice picture, well thought out. Love the pretty fireweed. :-)