Sunday, October 13, 2024

Quilting

 I do not sew tiny pieces of material together to make quilts.  My Mother was a quilter and many of my cousins are and my sister in law is. 

We gathered on the weekend of my Mother's first birthday in heaven.  Last year Mom quilted with the gals on her birthday weekend. 

Cousin Wilma's quilt pieces.


Cousin Geraldine's quilt pieces.


My sister in law (my baby brothers bride) was putting together a quilt that she and my Mom started together.  

Everyone made some progress on their projects...my cousin Art's wife Bonnie was cross stitching, cousin LeAnn was playing with watercolor on cards and cousin Cora was doing some embroidery.  

We had more good food for lunch and supper and great conversations:)
 

3 comments:

  1. I wish I liked quilting and could. All my attempts have failed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I know you all felt the presence of your mom being there. Quilting is one thing that I truly wish I knew how to do. In our area, Hand quilting is becoming a lost art. Just can't beat good food and great conversations. Glad you all had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for showing these quilt pieces. As you know, I dabble at quilting. I am accumulating a small stack of quilt squares now, using scraps from my scrap box from when I did real sewing. With the weather turning dark and rainy starting tomorrow, it might be time to get my sewing machine out of the storage closet and dabble some more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie