Thursday, October 10, 2024

Uffda x2

 I had the high dose flu shot on Monday afternoon...3 days later I am still feeling like death warmed over. BUT it must be better than the flu. Right? 

To make things even more difficult...our septic system water sensor alarm started beeping Monday night...the phone was ringing and the alarm was going off...the alarm company wanted to make sure we were aware..."yes I know it is going off we are dealing with the situation"   Far Guy said "Something is plugged."  I called my other baby brother and his phone went to voice mail...it was 10 PM ...I called she who sees robins first and she answered right away.  She woke up my other baby brother and he and our Great Nephew Mason came right over...they decided it was tree roots...got it partially unplugged enough so that water would drain out...and they would fix it in the morning.  


So the next morning nephew Josh, Ryan and David came to dig up the tree root clogged septic line. 


They replaced the pipe and hopefully it will take another 26 years to become clogged with tree roots again.   My brother says it is normal for tree roots to seek water and cause problems over time. 

Luckily my other baby brother lives right next door and he owns a Construction Company that does septic systems and all kinds of dirt work.   How lucky are we??  Very lucky to have someone you can call late at night and will put you on his list for repairs the next morning!  

Living in the boonies has it's challenges. 

Far Side


1 comment:

  1. I have a septic alarm but to my knowledge, it has never worked. At least it has failed to beep when there has been problems in the past. My septic system in general is getting pretty long in the tooth, some 25 years old at this point, so I'm sure in the coming near future it will need to be replaced in it's entirety.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie