Sunday, October 6, 2024

Something old

 Our Great Niece Hailey was married yesterday to the love of her life Isaac.  Hailey is the oldest granddaughter of my other baby brother and she who sees robins first.  The first of their Grands to get married. 

The wedding was outdoors. 


We sat on hay bales.  Immediate family sat on chairs.   It was a short but sweet ceremony.  It was a bit windy but the sun was shining.

When I congratulated Hailey and Isaac in the receiving line  ...Hailey showed me the something old that I had given to her at her wedding shower.  It was a simple hankie that belonged to her Great Great Grandmother then her Great Grandmother and then to me.  The hankie was tied around the stems of her wedding bouquet.  It was perfect as something old. 

Other things old...are my siblings. 

Hailey's Grandfather my other baby brother is on the left, my sister, me and my baby brother. 
It was a good day.
Far Side



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie