Saturday, May 21, 2011

Spring Time Planting

It is spring planting time, almost every morning this week on my way into town I saw a hearse headed out of town.  You see Minnesota has all kinds of “cold storage.” Sooner or later spring comes and the dead that were over wintered must be planted.  Yup, if you croak in Minnesota your family may have to have two services..one after you croak and another at the graveside when you are planted. Or if your relatives are too busy to show up, the Funeral Home Guy will just plant you without the customary relatives. 

Now just imagine if you are the Funeral Home Guy and most all of your weeks work is Raptured..you could have taken the entire week off.

IMG_2327 Pussytoes  and Creeping Charlie at the local cemetery.

Far Guy told me all about May 21st and the Rapture..I asked him if I should call in sick and wait with him at home or just meet up with him beyond yonder.  I guess I will be home by the appointed time 6PM..time zone by time zone the Rapture will move across the world…I wonder if Daylight Saving Time was taken into consideration? Maybe I should be ready at 5PM just in case. How long do you suppose I should wait around before panicking..:) 

Blog Signature

19 comments:

troutbirder said...

Oh and here I thought I'd get some usful tips on tomanto and pepper plantings. As to the rapture, mine will occur later today when the creeping charlie and dandelions meet their maker. :)

Cathie said...

Let me know on Monday what you decided!!!!! :)

DJan said...

Well, I'm in no danger of being Raptured, considering all the sins I'm guilty of. I wasn't ready, anyway. I heard there are people who offer to take care of your pets if you are Raptured, for a small fee (no refunds). :-)

CiCi said...

Just stay busy and don't watch the clock. Like the proverbial watched pot.

Linda said...

Well.........we might see you up there.....but then we might have to wait awhile. Let's just say I'm not holding my breath.

Lynda said...

I had forgotten about spring planting up north. My two grandfathers died 3 weeks apart. One had to wait for spring planting. The other one's family payed an exorbitant fee to have the ground chiseled and broken up so he could be buried after the funeral service.
The Rapture predictor could have only been God the Father according to Scripture - - - because even Jesus doesn't know the appointed time. - - - but if it does happen - - - guess I am done blogging cuz I'm going to meet you in the air!

Gail said...

I am ready but I probably will be left til the world ends in December.

Lanny said...

I would think that cremation would be extremly popular in your area. But then I guess there are still some folks who would have their objections to that. What an odd sight indeed that would be for me, there's always room to dig 'round here.

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Oops, I keep forgetting about the Rapture. I'll be here if anybody wants me. :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL!

And hurray for wild spring flowers.

Patsy said...

I think we are all safe now to suffer some more until the real rapture.

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

You would think that being from Michigan where winters are long too, I would have heard of the spring planting, but it was news to me. That is twice the grief for the families involved.

As for the Rapture, I don't think you get a warning with a specific time. I think it'll be like pop quiz.

Cathy said...

Just had to pop in and see if you were all there still - didn't happen 'down under' - its Sunday 22nd 1.30pm lunchtime now (about 10.30pm Saturdaay where you are) and we're all live and kicking. lol
One of the joys of blogging is learning - I increased my knowledge base today as I'd never heard of 'late planting' before.
Take care
Cathy

Karen said...

Oh boy, do I enjoy your sense of humour!:)

LindaG said...

Glad to hear work is going well. :)

Mimi said...

My son-in-law was in Greece and when it hit 6:00 p.m. in his time zone (which was ahead of us), he called to tell us he was still around. He said he wasn't sure if everyone went to Heaven in Greece and he was left behind or if no one went!! He was being funny but we knew before most of our friends that it wasn't happening!

I am from the south and didn't even realize people could be put on ice until winter was over. I learned something new today!

Pamela said...

Unfortunate for those who quit jobs etc. But good if they went to people and made amends and gave and asked forgiveness. We should all live each day as if it is our last.

L. D. said...

Our frost doesn't go down as far as in Minnesota. They still get out gas heaters and tents to warm the ground to break through for graves.

RURAL said...

Well that was all for nothing wasn't it?

So did you take off early?

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams