Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chance : Change

Hey loyal blog readers it is I, Chance the blogging Border Collie! 
Miney Elvis and Chance August 17 2010 Tuesday we went up north to see Miney and Little Elvis and my sister and her husband and their off spring.  They moved to a new/old house and are supposed to have it all fenced in now, a really safe yard for Little Elvis and Miney and me!   When we got there, I was barely out of the car, and Miney and Little Elvis came running..so Far Guy and Far Side walked the entire fence to see where they got out..well it seems a little boy was pulling our leg and let them out the gate.  Far Side about had a cow..as the traffic by their new house is terrible..and the grain trucks are coming and going from the elevator.
Chance and Elvis running A new double walled doggie door was installed..not one where you just poke your head through and can see outside..you have to go through one flap and then through another..I would rather just have someone open the real door for me..but my sister found out if she closed the real door then I would go in and out the strange new doggie door. Change is sometimes difficult..but when you have friends to help you through a change, then the whole world seems better.
Chance and Little Elvis August 17 Their yard is beautiful, and shady and a grand place to play ball. They don’t have a doggie pool..but that might be because my sister is more persnickety than Far Side about dripping wet dogs.
Little Elvis looking Handsome Far Side says that Little Elvis is getting too handsome for his own good.  He needs to go to dog obedience school too..because he doesn’t come when called..he has a mind of his own, and if he doesn’t want to come..he doesn’t..Far Side called him a spoiled little fart.
three spoiled dogs 
Little Elvis is a Tri Color Sheltie ( Shetland Sheepdog)  and Miney is a Sheltie too, her color is called Sable.  Little Elvis is on the small side for a Sheltie and Miney is a tad on the large side for a Sheltie ( don’t tell her I said so.)  I am of course a Border Collie:)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful yard to run and play in Chance. You will enjoy visiting there. It's nice to see all of you out together enjoying the pretty weather.

Becca's Dirt said...

Lucky Chance to run and play at the friends with his buddies. They are beautiful dogs though not as good looking as Chance. Buddy want come when I call him. He comes when he is ready. Maybe if he went for some training he wouldn't be so bad to run out of the yard. As it is he accepts the leash as part of his life.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

.....and quite the handsome Border Collie you are. It's good to hear from you again and share your adventure with us. The yard looks like a magnificent place to hang out with a couple of pals. Give Miss Connie a big old hello from the crazy lady in the Ozarks!

Have a great day and don't get yourself stuck in any doggie doors!

Country Gal said...

Aren't we nuts for our pets ! We are the same with our dog Misty and our cat Harley, yes Misty has a mind of her own as well, her b-day is on Mon August 23 she will be a year. Your fur babies are beautiful!

Judy said...

What beautiful dogs!!! My neighbor has a border collie which is no where near as beautiful as yours...

Judy said...

Oops - should have put that differently, eh? Chance, you are beautiful...

Emma Rose said...

Chance,

You are still the most handsome Border Collie I've ever known. You should be a movie star! But wait - no! Then you would forget all of us. The new yard looks lush and green. Lot's of good playing/sniffing/sleeping/digging to be done there! And about the doggie door thing - we can't have one because the Raccoons would use it too :)

Kisses,
Emma Rose

HighGal said...

Woo-hoo! I found you, Farside! I now have you bookmarked, and someday I'm going to learn how to add a link to your blog from mine. We're getting there!

Linda said...

Now those dogs look like they're having a fun time together.

RURAL said...

My goodness, what a group of handsome lovely dogs. Do I see a calendar in the future? Christmas is coming.

Jen

Rose said...

just some beautiful children. thanks rose

West Side of Straight said...

Chance, tell Connie she got some really good pictures of you dogs!

The Retired One said...

They are all gorgeous dogs!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and beautiful dogs, even the spoiled fart!
Gail

Covnitkepr1 said...

I don't do or accept awards either, but I am inviting you to look my blog over and follow it as I do yours.

LadyFi said...

You're all such gorgeous dogs! Real show-stoppers!

Leah said...

You are a good lookin' bunch! And that Little Elvis he is a cutie --

DJan said...

Chance, you are a gorgeous dog and have really handsome friends, too. I would have thought Elvis would learn by your stellar example, but no, I guess not. You sure look happy, makes me happy too.

DayPhoto said...

Chance I just LOVE the smile on your faces. Everyone looks so happy. I asked Fuzzy if he wanted to answer you, but he was busy with Terry and didn't want to stop. Just know that Fuzzy says HI!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com