Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Morning Happenings

The Reporter was here this morning. She was a very pleasant young thing..well younger than me. She seemed to be a very kind and compassionate person. So we will see what she writes, and yes I will link to it, if and when it is published. Far Guy did great! He was organized and had even taken the time to write up some of his thoughts. I printed out some information for her. So she is armed with information. And no I did not need to bring out my hatchet, just in case you were wondering.

I have decided that I might have been snitching way too much of Far Guys coffee in the mornings..I seem to get really wound up and tend to blast off a tad. I have not been a coffee drinker for some time since it was raising my blood pressure and my cholesterol. So it is back to the cup of warm water for me. His coffee always smells so good..that's it... I will just smell it and not drink it!

If we had a pumpkin there would have been frost on it this morning. We have had only two light frost previously. I thought about getting dressed and taking some photographs...then I thought twice and just let out the dog.

Chance is invigorated by the cooler temperatures.. today will be a sad day for him as his pool will be emptied of all it's water. Soon enough he will have snow to roll around in. If we get rain..he will just splash around in the mud puddles. I remember when he was a little pup .. his first encounter with a mud puddle..he looked at it..saw his reflection..backed up..looked again..took his paw and tentatively hit the surface of the puddle..he was a goner then..mud puddles would keep him occupied for hours! He has a pool because I prefer for him to play in cleaner water!

Hopefully with the colder weather we will have seen the last of the Deer Ticks..when it snows I know they are gone for sure. Tiny little speck like buggers..gone til spring. There are some advantages to snow..not many..but ticks and snakes just happen to be two creatures I won't miss:)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, the cooler weather will help get rid of all insects, especially house flys!! They are all in my house seeking a warm spot and are driving me crazy. Joys of living on a farm I guess.
Do share the interview from your newspaper!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you and Far Guy had a good interview!

Pulled a huge tick off the dog this morning - it looked like a blueberry (the tick, not the dog)... After a few heavy frosts last week, it has turned mild and wet again - hence the return of those pesky ticks!

emmapeelDallas said...

Hello, fellow Minnesotan! I live in Texas now, but I grew up in Minnesota a couple of light years ago, being on the far side of fifty myself. Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving a comment. I'm glad you did, because I'm enjoying your blog, and I'll be back to read more!

Judi

Anonymous said...

frost up here in ontario this morning as well. winter is breathing down our necks. we must live far enough north that ticks (what the heck???) don't exist. what does a tick look like and how does it get stuck to the door, of all things. thanks for stopping by our blog. and as for the poor far guy, i also lie and forget to take my meds and we have an ongoing "issue" about it.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I explain about our Deer Ticks in my blog archives..May 5th. there is a link at the left side of my main page and at the bottom of the page. Check it out you might have a laughh or two:)