Monday, August 5, 2019

Miney in the Morning and Crochet Projects

The dogs love to wake us up early, at home they have a doggie door and can let themselves out. At our house Little Elvis licks your hand or arm or face until you get up.

Far Guy got up way early at daylight.  I did the second shift...they were hungry at 7AM and then needed to go out.

One way to get Little Elvis to leave you alone for five minutes is to brush him!

We sure enjoy their visits.  They are good company.  Miss Miney is over 14 now, she has problems walking a straight  line some days...she wobbles...BUT she is still happy and seems comfortable.

 I struggled with a different baby bootie pattern...finally have a pair that are acceptable.  If I do them again I would pick a fine baby yarn. As it was I used a cotton thread. I added the ties being realistic that they might have to be tied on!

At least these will fit a baby and not a one year old.

I worked on packaging up seven crochet rescue nests for a Wildlife Rehabilitator in Iowa.  They are ready to mail!  I work on nests here and there, when ever I have a few minutes.  I forgot to take a photo.
Far Side

20 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Glad you enjoyed the dog's visit. I like the booties and I know the nests will be much appreciated. God bless you both this week. ox

Victoria Zigler said...

If she's comfortable and happy, I wouldn't worry about Miney just yet. My dogs get up early too. Then they go for a nap and I use their sleep time as an oppertunity to do things I can't do with them bouncing and running all over the place, like check blogs and such.

Congratulations on getting an acceptable pair of booties made, as well as more nests.

linda m said...

Using a "fine" yarn in making baby booties works great. I used a thicker yarn and they didn't turn out as well as expected. yours sure look cute.

DJan said...

The baby booties look great! I do think the ties are necessary, though. I'm sure the wildlife rehab center will put all your nests to good use. :-)

marlu said...

Booties are cute! I checked out the nest site. What a great idea. I don't think I could meet their requirements though!

Sara said...

Cute booties! And sweet dog out there enjoying the yard.

Maebeme said...

The booties are definitely cute! Some patterns are easier to figure out than others. I recently gave up on one and found another that I like much better for an afghan.

Enjoy your time with the dogs. My cats tend to yell at me in the morning when they want to be fed. I'm thinking a lick on the arm or the face must be a bit disconcerting!

Henny Penny said...

The booties are so cute. Dogs do get up early! Here it's between 4:40 and 5:00 every morning and it's always me who gets up.

Terry and Linda said...

It's nice to have furry paws in the house

Rita said...

Nice to have Miney and Elvis for company for a while!
Cute booties. I'm sure the nests will be greatly appreciated. :)

Betsy said...

Those are very sweet booties and the ties were a great idea and finishing touch. I'm sure you loved having the dogs visit. They obviously love you and Far Guy too. :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

Sue said...

The booties are adorable, Miney and Elvis are adorable too! I sure miss my dog Jack he passed away lat August, 9.
Have a great day.
Sue

Dawn said...

Glad you've had fun with the dogs, mine gets up early too. Booties are cute! I need to go check the website for the nests.

diane in northern wis said...

Wow... Every day you're getting so many things done. So glad you've still got those fun dogs around! And the baby booties are darling. I don't have the energy you have.....you amaze me. Hope Far Guy is feeling a little better with each day. My week is not so good this week, hopefully things will be looking up with each new day here too. Blessings to you both.

Granny Marigold said...

Me and Miss Miney both have trouble walking a straight line some days!!

Cynthia said...

I’m glad you have some doggos on loan. They do brighten up life!

Jenn Jilks said...

I wobble when I walk, too, and I'm well over 14!!!!

L. D. said...

Little Elvis is such a handsome dog.

Sam I Am...... said...

that wobbling was what Nitty did. She would really cross her front legs when she walked....not sure what causes that? Just old age? It's nice you get to have some "canine time". The yarn for those booties is so pretty!

Leah said...

some good dog time :)