Saturday, August 10, 2019

Me Day

I finally had a me day.  My "me day" may be different from yours.

Curious? 

I played "52 pickup and put away" at least once.  I deep cleaned the bathroom, washed towels and bath rugs.  Washed another load of clothing too.  I phoned a friend who has encountered many losses in the last month, she said I made her feel a bit better...I hope so.     I mowed lawn over at Katie's old place, then a small area over at my other baby brothers place of business and on the way home I mowed the back road.   I now have 71 Christmas Ornaments ready for stage two.  Stage two is being worked on.  I had a long nap (about 2 hours), and we cooked supper together...pork burgers without the bun, french fries in the air fryer and peaches. I spoke with my baby brother last evening, his daughter is recovering from surgery.  Oh yes Jen called and my other baby brother and sister in law stopped by.

It was really nice to stay home all day. I may not have had much time for "me" but I had the time to do things that were important to me.

Fish Hook River and the old Rail Road Trestle Bridge  August 8 2019.
Far Side

20 comments:

Sue said...

Wow. that's a busy "me day", my dear husbands says a busy person is a happy person, Have a blessed weekend.
Sue

DJan said...

You had a good "me" day and accomplished a whole lot. That 2-hour nap sounds perfect. :-)

Miss Merry said...

What a wonderful day! You really accomplished so much. I am in awe. And the best part - family.

Rita said...

Doing the things important to you make the best Me Day. And the nap, of course. ;)

Maebeme said...

To me, a me day is a day of doing what I want to do and that can be anything. You were productive and had time to visit by phone or in person with friends and family, that's a win in my book.

Terry and Linda said...

I've found that "Me Time" is sometimes just that...doing those things that make "ME" feel better!

Val Ewing said...

I pick one day a week to make all my calls, do the book work, clean, wash, hang stuff out and then a couple of hours of reading time.
Me Time is important.

Tired Teacher said...

You packed a lot into a single day! I know that getting everything accomplished made you feel good.

Bonnie said...

You sure got a lot done in one day! I wish I had your energy. I know that nap felt good after such a busy day.

Sara said...

Getting to stay home when you've been "on the road" so much really is a treat.

Pauline Persing said...

Sounds like a lovely day. Glad you had it.

Granny Marigold said...

You had a very productive day! There's something very rewarding about getting things done, especially with no interruptions ( like having to get in the car and go somewhere or other). No wonder you needed a 2 hour nap.

Red said...

Yes , it nice to get some of the jobs done and have fewer things on the list.

diane in northern wis said...

Wow....me day was a busy day for you. Sounds like you got lots of things accomplished that you wanted to do. Good for you. Hope far guy is doing well!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Sounds like a busy me day

Betsy said...

My goodness you had a busy, busy day. I sat around most of the day because I wasn't feeling well, but Dennis mowed, (harvested), the lawn. He had waited several days longer than usual because of our hot, hot weather so it was really long. He also installed a new storm door. He says he feels better when he's busy too.
RIght now it's constant lightening outside. I'm afraid we'll wake up to more wildfires going on.
I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.
Blessings,
Betsy

Victoria Zigler said...

Glad you had a nice day doing things that are important to you.

Susan Zarzycki said...

Your "me day" sounded busy! Wow! I think it was also "make others happy" day with the mowing. How nice you have family so close. Wish I did. xx

Shirley said...

A me day where you feel like you did some good and got things done is very satisfying.

Sam I Am...... said...

You did a lot and I like your definition of a "me" day and yes, your call did make me feel better...thank you. I love the picture of the bridge too.