Thursday, August 11, 2011

Kayak Lessons Learned

Do not try to do fancy paddling in a backwards motion. 

IMG_5422

Your kayak will dump you out in the water slicker than snot on a doorknob. 

You should really watch the video on the Internet half a dozen times. “How to get back into a kayak in the open water.” 

You could try the old canoe trick to get some of the water out, even if it is futile.

IMG_5428

You  might just as well give up some days..because your Mother In Law will capture it all on film.

Two kayaks is definitely better than just one.

togetherness

It promotes togetherness.  I did notice that my daughter likes to use the paddle to lob water at her husband occasionally.

Maybe a Christmas Card

A family photo out on the water..this was my best shot.

Yup lessons learned, the boys were soaking it all in just like little sponges…the next time we go out we will do some practicing close to shore.  We will practice getting in and out of a kayak in the open water.  I have a Boating Safety book for the boys to read..and if they don’t read it by themselves..I will read it aloud to them,  after all once they are out on the pontoon and we have left shore I have them trapped :) 

Blog Signature

12 comments:

DJan said...

Great shots, Connie! I love the first one, and it is amazing how quickly kids can learn these things, isn't it? Looks like everybody had fun!

Country Gal said...

Wonderful photos ! I went Kayaking as a teen and it is hard to get back into them took me for ever to do it ! Looks like all had a great time ! Have a good day !

Laura said...

Looks like a great time! Love the last photo!

Judy said...

Your best shot is a great shot...Some days are just wonderful, aren't they?? They give a nice warm fuzzy feeling...

Karen said...

The couple that kayaks together....gets wet!

NCmountainwoman said...

I love this post and started laughing early on. Thanks, I needed that!

Anonymous said...

Oops! Looks as if they had fun anyway!

lisa said...

That was great! But I think I will stick with my pontoon thank you very much! The hubby does want to get a canou though!

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie, That's a great photo of the family. Wishing you all a great weekend.

Lynda said...

You are funny about reading the book. However, I get almost the same advice to mothers of preschoolers - - wait until they are strapped in a car seat or in a high chair.

Gail said...

Wonderful photos. You could not pay me to try one of those.

Pamela said...

did you try it?