Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wistful Wednesday: 1992

This is a photo from nineteen years ago.  The summer of 1992. These are my parents granddaughters…all lined up according to age.

Girls 1992 (2)

My two girls are the oldest.  All my siblings have daughters, my baby brother has one daughter and my other baby brother has three daughters, and that little girl baby that my oldest daughter is holding is my sisters daughter.  Who would have thought that nineteen years later they would be three Nurses, a Bank Teller/Accountant, a Supervisor in a Grocery, a English Professor and one still in College (the littlest).   These girls are the mothers of eleven children. One is married but has no children.. yet.  Two are unmarried. BUT that will change this weekend.

The little gal with the blue slacks and the white shirt and the bow in her hair will be married on Saturday in Oregon.  I wish we were going but it just did not work out.  So it goes..my baby brother will send a photo. 

This photo was taken at my parents resort high on the hill on the north end of Straight Lake…how could all of these girls have grown up so fast:)

Blog Signature

15 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

A great photo and a great story to go with it. I hope the big day goes well - I am sure it will.

troutbirder said...

Girls Girls Girls How sweet! As to kayaks I've been eyeing them myself. I'll check back here though and see how it works out first. :)

ME said...

What a nice family ! Thank you for sharing the photo and family history.

Country Gal said...

Wonderful photo and story ! All lovely ladies ! Have a good day !

DJan said...

What really amazes me is that 1992 was so long in the past that it qualifies for a Wistful Wednesday. I can't believe how fast time goes when you get older. I remember my parents talking about it and I thought they were exaggerating. Not!

CiCi said...

1992 doesn't sound so long ago until you see a photo like this one. This is a nice picture of your folks and their granddaughters.

Rob-bear said...

Delightful photo; intriguing story.
Thanks for sharing this.

Karen said...

Lovely picture of all the 'girls', and one Grandad:) It is quite depressing sometimes, how time flies by:(

Laura said...

What a nice photo!
Oh how the years go by...

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

What a nice memory to share. My oldest daughter graduated from HS in 1992. Their music is classified as oldies now. I remember when "oldies" was my music.

I'm sure that picture tugs at your heart. It would mine.

lisa said...

Great picture! Very nice looking family!

West Side of Straight said...

Yes, a great pic, and so nice to hear what they're all doing now as grown up women!!!!!! Boy, we're getting old!!!
Time just goes by too fast!

Terry and Linda said...

Time really does fly! I remember thinking a school year was forever, and that summer was forever, it took forever for anything. Now that I'm old, time is a snap of the fingers .... really.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

Pamela said...

that freaks me out. nine years ago. seems like yesterday

Pamela said...

that freaks me out. nine years ago. seems like yesterday