Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer Chairs On Bad Medicine Lake

These are Jen’s idea of Summer Chairs..she said “Mom get ready here come the Summer Chairs.” 

IMG_5417

I like their reflections in the water.  The blue stool between the red and green chair doesn’t belong..but other than that they look almost perfect.

We went over to Bad Medicine Lake.  We were very impressed the water is very clear and such a beautiful color.  It is the cleanest lake I have ever seen in Minnesota.

IMG_5415

There are some islands on the lake..

IMG_5360

We all liked this one.  I believe that this is as close to waterfront property as you can get in Minnesota without actually being in the water.  In recent years the water in this lake has been rising.   Bad Medicine Lake has no inlet or outlet it is entirely spring fed.

I remembered this lake years ago when it had weeds,  the crayfish went nuts in this lake in the late 1960’s and they ate all the weeds. 

It was almost a perfect lake day in Minnesota on Sunday, temperatures were in the seventies and we had some sunshine along with some clouds:) 

Blog Signature

22 comments:

Katny said...

I love those summer chairs--and the waterfront property. LOL Nothing like walking out the front door and taking a swim!

troutbirder said...

This is getting to me. Here I sit in the heat and humidity, not a decent fishing lake within a hundred miles and you..........

Leah said...

I love the summer chairs too! It has been years since I have been to Bad Medicine - as kids in high school we would go there swimming - maybe we need to go back!

DJan said...

Now that is perfect weather if you ask me. And the lake is beautiful, almost as beautiful as the picture of the summer chairs. :-)

linda m said...

What a beautiful lake! Love the summer chairs, they are so colorful!

L. D. said...

I think that cabin is going to have more than just moisture problems. It is beautiful water.

Dreaming said...

Love the chairs. I have 4 kitchen chairs that need a paint job. Hmmmm..... what do you think? Shall we go with 4 different colors?!!

Country Gal said...

Oh it looks so wonderful , peaceful and traquil ! Love the photos of the chairs and your header photo s are great ! Sounds like a perfect way to spend a Sunday ! Have a wonderful day !

Anonymous said...

I love the kind of day you describe. The chairs' reflection in the water is very nice. Hope you enjoy the week ahead.

Changes in the wind said...

What a great outing and perfect weather.

Gail said...

Absolutely beautiful, I love the photos.

My guestion, is why Bad Medicine...looks like it would cure any thing you have with just its peacefulness.

RURAL said...

Loving those chairs, and the clear water. Funny how the waters of my childhood were always crystal clear.

I am wondering if that's my memory clouding, or pollution now.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

LindaG said...

Very nice pictures, Far Side. Thanks for sharing them with us. :)

Patsy said...

Love the header!

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

The chairs are great. they look like a postcard with the reflection in the water. Like the waterfront property. That's one brave owner.

Terry and Linda said...

That is a beautiful lake. I would like a house on the water...I don't know why..I can't swim.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

patty said...

the chairs say summer vacation to me!

NCmountainwoman said...

Looks like a great place to relax.

The Retired One said...

Great Shot! And who wouldn't want to be sitting THERE in one of those chairs? LOL BTW, the blue chair DOES look great right where it is. LOL

Lynda said...

I, too, love the summer chairs. That house/cabin is crazy - - - there appears to be no land at all around or under it. Sure hope the inhabitants don't sleep-walk!

Pauline Persing said...

The neighbor down the street has chairs like the ones in your picture. Every time I drive by, I think those chairs would make a wonderful painting. All those beautiful colors. The reflections in the water are great.

Unknown said...

My grandma has had a cabin on this lake for as long I can remember, I love going up there. So incredibly relaxing.