Sunday, July 2, 2023

Tall Meadow Rue

 We went for a Ranger Blue ride in the evening. 

The Tall Meadow Rue is in full bloom along side the road where it is damp.. 



We enjoyed the ride, didn't see any people out and about...a baby rabbit running down the trail and a couple of ducks leaving the river. 

It was a quiet day yesterday. I had a few house projects to do ( we have tile floors and I scrub them section by section...yes on hands and knees twice a year and a steamer other times), Far Guy worked on woodcarvings.   The wildfire smoke wasn't too bad. 

Far Side


13 comments:

DJan said...

I am not surprised to hear that you scrub your floors on hands and knees. Yikes!

Rita said...

Those are so pretty. I never knew the name of them.
Quiet days are good. :)

Maebeme said...

Sounds like a nice day. Well, maybe not the hands and knees scrubbing, but I know there is some satisfaction when it is done.

Shirley said...

Uggh tile floors... don't drop any dishes on them! Been there, broke that.
That flower would look lovely in a mixed bouquet.

Sara said...

Your ride sure sounds like a nice relaxing way to spend some time. The Rue is lovely, and I don't think I've ever heard the name of that plant before.

Sandra said...

I am impressed! I don't think I could get up if I got down to scrub the floor.

Terry and Linda said...

Floors are such a chore. Sigh

Linda Reeder said...

I'm not so good at scrubbing on hands and knees anymore, but occasionally a spot or two calls for it.
Meadow Rue is another of those plants I only know in the domesticated varieties. We still have one survivor.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

How do you like your steamer for your tile floors? Glad the smoke is subsiding!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Sam, I like the steamer:)

At Home In New Zealand said...

I can remember scrubbing floors like that, but now it is a physical impossibility - I simply can't get back up off the floor anymore!

L. D. said...

I scrub bathroom floors on my knees always.

Miss Merry said...

Sounds like a lovely ride!