Monday, November 8, 2021

Ornament Winners!

 I will share their stories about their favorite Christmas gift! 

My favorite Christmas present when I was young was a bicycle. I remember how much I loved that bicycle. It was pale yellow with dark green stripes. The hand grips had streamers which made it even fancier. My father attached a basket on the handlebars. I would peddle over to our neighborhood grocery store to pick up items for my mother or take dinner over to my grandpa’s. I took such good care of that bicycle that I would compare my feelings about it to someone getting a new car.
Thank you for helping me remember some really happy times growing up. Whether my name is drawn or not just thinking of that bicycle made my day. I was such a proud and happy kid because of it.
Thanks again,
Marlys

Congratulations Marlys! 


My favorite gift as a kid was a pair of steel roller skates. They could expand and contract to fit different sized shoes, so I think they were a gift to all 4 of us. I can still remember the sound and feel of those steel wheels rolling on the sidewalks.


Congratulations Dawn!


My favorite Christmas gift was a doll that I received when I was when about 5 years old. She had curly hair and was just about the same height that I was!


Congratulations Jan!

I enjoyed reading all your stories about your favorite Christmas gifts!  I wish I could mail ornaments to everyone.

Marlys, Dawn at Change is hard and Jan at Jan's Journey  I will need your mailing address please contact me by email captainconnie2001atyahoodotcom

This week we have Dental appointments and the third covid shot for me later in the week.  It is a good time for me to get the third as yard work is pretty much done and I have no plans for next weekend. 

Deer Report:  Hailey and Brooke got their deer also! So it was a good hunt for our Great Nieces!



I shoot my deer many times with my camera!  

Going on the record now to say I hate the time change. 

Far Side

22 comments:

Pauline Persing said...

I appreciate that you are thinking of me. I am beginning to feel more alive. It was true at least for me. When Tom died, a part of me went with him. I am fortunate he left me with hundreds and hundreds of good memories. My favorite Christmas memory is Tom and my first Christmas tree. It was a tiny live tree which we planted in a plastic bucket. We took it to Tom's Dad to keep for us until we had a place of our own. Today, it is a tall evergreen in our backyard.

linda m said...

Congratulations to the ornament winners and also to Hailey and Brooke on "bagging" a deer.

Val Ewing said...

Oh time change. I dislike it when I have to deal with appointments but otherwise we just follow our stomach growling for things like supper and I just do chores when it feels right. Charlie isn't a stickler for his meals, some mornings it is early and some mornings he is just too lazy to get up!
Congrats to the ornament winners!

DJan said...

Congratulations to the winners. I look forward to seeing the ornaments revealed in your blog, when the time comes. :-)

Gemma's person said...

Congrats to the winners and I look forward to seeing the ornaments as well.

Sara said...

Congratulations to the winners. I enjoyed reading each of the stories too. So many of us obviously in the same age group. LOL I don't mind the time change in the fall, but hate it in the spring.

Maebeme said...

Congrats to the winners! Their stories are fun to read.

Hope your booster goes well, with less discomfort.

The Feminine Energy said...

This is the clock change that I enjoy... it's the spring one I hate! But it sure is dark early now, isn't it? Pooey! ~Andrea xoxo

Red said...

Congratulations to the winners and to you for setting up and running this fun activity.

Betsy said...

I feel the same way about the time change. It's so hard to adapt. Wish we could just leave it in daylight savings time. I hope you do will with the booster. I'll be praying for you. Piper gets her first shot tonight.
Congratulations to all three winners. They are sure lucky gals. Also congrats to Hailey and Brooke. Good for them.
I'm looking forward to the big ornament reveal soon.
Blessings,
Betsy

Rita said...

Congrats to the winners!
I hate the time change, too.

Terry and Linda said...

I hate the time change also. I think most EVERYONE does too. Why it keeps on being done, is beyond me. Congratulations to winners!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Congratulations to the winners! I got my booster on Friday - no problems yet (the usually show up a week later for me). I don’t understand why the US continues with the silly concept of Daylight Saving Time.

Miss Merry said...

I received one of your ornaments two years ago. It is very treasured! I love the Christmas memories and can't wait to see the 2021 ornament!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Congats to the winners

Bonnie said...

Congratulations to the winners! Your ornaments are the best and you are so kind to have this drawing each year! I hate the time change too. Maybe someday they will do away with it? Good luck at the dentist and getting your Covid shot. Plan some time to rest after your shot. When I got my third one it hit me hard that afternoon and evening but I felt better after another day. I know you have trouble with these shots but I'm hoping for you that this one will not be bad!

Linda Reeder said...

I am finally getting to reading your blog posts for today. It is five minutes to five as I look out the window and see the dark closing in. Yep, the time change is hard to get used to.
Congratulations to the ornament winners.

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Shooting deer with a camera is just as challenging and a lot less messy. AND I think I am far more successful with the camera. ( Only got one deer in my life! All those years of deer hunting and only one small 8 point to show for it.) Congrats to the nieces!

aurora said...

Enjoyed reading all the wonderful memories! Congrats to the lucky winners of your cherished ornaments.

L. D. said...

I am anxious to see the new design. Most post office people do see to be grumpy and yet I guess I have known some nice ones. I am glad you got them mailed. I haven't seen any stories on fb about deer hunting but one. A former student of mine is out whith is small daughter teaching her how it is done from a tree.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Congrats to the winners! I hope you don't have a bad reaction to your booster but I am glad you are getting it.

Diana said...

Congratulations to Marlys, Dawn, and Jan!!
And tp Hailey and Brooke for getting their deer, woo-hoo!!