Friday, August 13, 2021

Until we meet again

 Today we say until we meet again to a long time friend and wife of my cousin Chuckie.   His wife Mary Ann died last Friday.  I have known her for over 50 years...Chuckie brought her by my parents home to meet us when they were dating. 

Mary Ann was a good friend, she volunteered for me at the Museum for several years....it was a day out for her.  Mary Ann had bronchiectasis and she fought frequent infections.

She will be remembered fondly and missed by many especially her husband, daughter and her twin grandchildren.

 

Far Side
“So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.” 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

23 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I am so sorry.

linda m said...

My deepest Sympathy on the loss of your friend Mary Ann.

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Fifty years is a very long time to know someone. That's a comforting verse from 2 Corinthians.

DJan said...

I hope she rests in peace. We will all join her one day. Sending you healing thoughts.

Victoria Zigler said...

Sorry for your loss.

Sara said...

My condolences to you and to Mary Ann's family. We're never quite ready to say good-bye, even when they have been ill.

Rita said...

So sorry! Losing an old friend like that is hard. *hugs*

Miss Merry said...

I am very sorry for the lost of your dear friend.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I am very sorry for your loss.

Terry and Linda said...

sigh. This is always so hard. I am so sorry for everyone

Gemma's person said...

It sounds as if it was very good to know her. Wonderful you had her in your life.
Hugs.

The Feminine Energy said...

Awwwww! Rest in peace, Mary Ann. May all the hearts who knew & loved her be consoled. ~Andrea xoxoxo

Red said...

I'm sorry for your loss. You genuinely care about the people in your life.

Granny Marigold said...

Condolences to you and to the family.

Bonnie said...

I am sorry for your and your family's loss. I love the verse, thank you.

Maebeme said...

My sincere sympathies on the passing of your friend and extended family member.

Linda Reeder said...

As we age, we are having to say final farewells too often. I am sorry for your family's loss.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Sad to read this, loss of a nice person is always sad

diane in northern wis said...

Prayers for Mary Ann and all in her family. She sounds like she was a lovely person. And now God can make her a beautiful angel.

Betsy said...

My sympathy to you and your family as you mourn for Mary Ann. It's good to know that someday you will see her again.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Jacqi Stevens said...

So sorry to hear that. After nearly a lifetime of friendship and as part of the family, that is such a difficult loss. Prayers for God's comfort for your family.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I'm so sorry for your loss and for her family's loss. The bible verse is very fitting.

L. D. said...

I am sorry for the loss of Mary Ann. I had a Mary Ann in my class that died a few years back.