Monday, October 29, 2018

Murder Mystery Dinner

We attended a Murder Mystery Dinner.  Three actors/actresses made up the troupe from the cities.
Far Guy felt good enough to attend….we had purchased the tickets a long time ago.

Many people that attended wore 1930’s style clothing…we didn’t get that memo but probably wouldn’t have dressed up anyway…but some people were all decked out!

Other than the three main actors they picked people out of the audience to play the parts of suspects, they also gave them folders with scripts.   Far Guy played Mr Greenspan…a wealthy banker.  At one point someone came and got him to give him special instructions….he whispered to me “Don’t get excited with my antics.”

We were given bribe money and suggested questions to ask suspects with name tags throughout the room.   We also had pencil and paper to record motive and opportunity and crime scene photos.

Four course dinner…some kind of fancy salad with a very vinegary dressing, Cream of Tomato Bisque Soup (it was a little chunky for me) I ate the mostly liquid part and then got up to ask a suspect a question and when I came back my soup had been finished…I blamed Far Guy but he said nope he didn’t touch my soup.  The Third Course was a pasta dish with some kind of cream sauce…you could have steak, shrimp or philly cheese to accompany it.  Far Guy said he got three shrimp…I had steak and had to hunt for it.  Dessert was various cakes…I had chocolate with a cherry sauce…it was really good.

There was much comic relief as the plot unfolded.  Far Guy as Mr Greenspan was poisoned at one point…he slumped backwards in the chair…the Doctor came over and touched his nose and pronounced him cold and dead.  They carted him off wearing his glasses and hat and he returned the same old Far Guy.

We as a group…two other friends went with us…deduced that the murderer was a woman…lipstick and a wine glass at the crime scene…so we guessed the most likely suspect would be the Doctor…which was wrong.  But it was fun anyways…Far Guy got an award for “The Best Death Scene”
It was a fun evening.
Table at Mystery Murder Dinner
Blog Signature

23 comments:

Rita said...

OH gosh! Thar really does sound like a lot of fun! Doesn't sound like the food was much, though. But the good time made up for it, I guess. Congrats to FarGuy! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Sounds like a fun evening, even if the food wasn't so great. Congratulations to Far Guy, and glad he was feeling well enough to attend.

marlu said...

Something neat to see and do! I think here they used to produce a play in our salt mine. I did not go but have been down in the mine once. Glad Far Guy warned you!

linda m said...

Sounds like a good time to me. I would have loved to see Far Guy's death scene.

DJan said...

Now that sounds like fun! I'm glad to hear that FG really knows how to act dead. That's close enough, now he can act super healthy! :-)

Mac n' Janet said...

Sounds like fun. Glad Far Guy was well enough to go and participate.

Tired Teacher said...

How fun! Glad Far Guy felt good enough to attend as well as take on an acting role.

Shirley said...

That sounds like a fun evening! Good job, Far Guy!

Sara said...

We attended a murder mystery dinner a few years ago with some friends. It was fun - and like yours, the food wasn't the highlight. It was typical "banquet" food. But lots of fun with the interactive play.

Terry and Linda said...

I've always wanted to attend such a feast...lucky you!

Cynthia said...

How fun. It was very brave of Far Guy to take a part and he must have done an outstanding job.

Red said...

This would be fun particularly when Far Guy got with the program and put on a good act.

Bonnie said...

What a fun evening! I've always wanted to go to a dinner theater. Congratulations to Far Guy!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Oh how exciting a night like that would interest me but not Tim who would become confused and think it boring.

Primitive Stars said...

Hi my friend, so happy to be back! Oh that sounds like a great fun evening, I would have loved that night....hugs Francine❤️

Polly said...

I do like murder mystery dinners. Sounds like Far Guy really got into the spirit of it.

The Furry Gnome said...

I've always thought that would be fun.

Granny Marigold said...

That sounds like a fun evening. I think it's hilarious that someone finished your soup while you were away from the table!

The Feminine Energy said...

I've never been to one of those mystery dinners but they always sound like so much fun. Yours sounded fabulous.... complete with Oscar-winning performance by Far Guy. *haha* Lovingly~ Andrea xoxo

Linda Reeder said...

Sounds like a fun time, even if the food was mediocre. The cake saved it.

Sam I Am...... said...

What fun! I've heard of those and since I love a good mystery that would be enjoyable especially since you went with some friends.

Debi said...

Sounds like a really fun time!

thecrazysheeplady said...

How fun!