Tuesday, February 19, 2013

CRS

I am working on Far Guys family history( his paternal history)..and I have had many questions along the way.  When I run into questions I just make notes and hope to return again someday to answer those questions.

The other day I was straightening up.  I  tend to spread “stuff” all around when I am working on a project.  There was a manila envelope I had shuffled from here to there.  I finally looked at it.  I marked it..years ago.   Marge gave it to me.   I “think” she gave it to me in 2002 or 2003..ten years ago.  CRS at it’s best.

Secrets are safe

The envelope held the answers to many of my questions and much more.  I was finally able to identify everyone in an old family photo!  That may not sound like much to you..but if you are a Virgo like me..we like to have everything all tidy and in it’s proper place.

If and when I remember what I have and where I put it.

Now I will stop my research and go back and tidy up all the loose ends.  Back pedaling for sure..I wanted to have this project behind me by March 1st.  I still have hopes that I will make it.

CRS..have you figured that out yet?  Can’t remember shit stuff:)

Blog Signature

19 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, oh ya, I tuck things here and there and NEVER remember where I put them, OH BOY!!Francine.

DJan said...

That's pretty funny. No, I had to have you tell me what CRS stands for, since I couldn't figure it out for myself. Love your new header. :-)

linda m said...

Boy, does that fit right about now. I have had two straight days of CRS. Mine was more of Can't remember to do something you are supposed to do. When this happens I get scared because my mother suffered from severe dementia and I really don't want to put my family through that . Happy to hear that your research is paying off.

Gail said...

This is a wonderful undertaking. I wish you much luck with CRS. It has reached rabid proportions around here.

MTWaggin said...

You are not alone in the CRS for sure! Nice that you found a way to id all in a family photo, I think that is actually pretty important!

Beth said...

I am well acquainted with CRS. Good luck with your undertaking.

GramMary said...

The new header really looks like Minnesota! Well, as much as I can remember anyway... :)

Dreaming said...

I knew exactly what CRS stood for... we are on the same wavelength!
How much fun to find the answers... even though you had them before, it all seems new.

Muffie said...

I laughed when I saw those letters. My dad always said that! Now, I say my husband suffers from that malady.
Peace,
Muff

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Oh yes, I have CRS too so I know what you mean. My daughter gave me a birthday card that says "You're not old until you start leaving yourself little notes...and then wonder who they're from". ;)

Red said...

The CRS just about had me beat. That's how simple I am today. The older we get and more experience we have the more little stuff we have to look after.

Elizabeth said...

HA! Our employee this morning replied when askedhow was his weekend, "Must have been good I don't remember most of it!" My response, "It's okay, when you get our age the same thing happens!"

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem. One of the perks of getting older.
~Laura

RURAL said...

Love your new header...well at least all the cold gives you sunshine.

I had no idea what it was either....lol.

Jen

Jacqi Stevens said...

I don't know about that Virgo stuff...but having the name for every face in an old family photo? Priceless!

Karen said...

That CRS is a pretty common affliction, unfortunately:(

Alan Burnett said...

I love it. I suspect a need a CRS Filing Cabinet, never mind an envelope.

Terry and Linda said...

I like to have my genealogy all tidy and all buttoned up also. And to finally get everyone named in an old photo...COOL!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpres.com

Sam I Am...... said...

Thank goodness I am not the only one to be afflicted with CRS! Whew, I was beginning to wonder! Now that you've told me about Virgo's and their fine quality of organization I am going to go looking for one. I think that would be quicker than trying to clean all my messes up. I'll just go find me a Virgo! LOL! I wonder if it's too late to put an ad in this weeks paper?