Friday, April 3, 2009

In a Pickle

Well, I think I might be in a pickle. Sometimes I get myself into the darnedest situations. You see I needed a photograph..yes needed, there is a difference between a want and a need. The little pigs are already ten days old.. and do you know how fast little pigs grow? Very Fast.. I was sure they were going to lose their cuteness any day. Pigs you know go from cute little buggers to handsome brutes practically before your eyes. This was the last litter too. Well, this all would not be a problem..except that the farmers wife is gone on a trip..and her hubby is all alone. Far Guy wasn't feeling good, so Chance and I went all alone..well wouldn't you know it..Mrs. Gossip was just turning onto our road when I was at the stop sign..she drives slow..so I followed her..and she saw where I turned. Darn. I should have just kept on following her and doubled back after she turned off at her place. I Imagine that my visit was timed..she may have driven by several times..she probably knows more about my visit than I do. Then to top it all off the neighbor has Canadian Geese and Swans eating in his corn fields every night..and he invited me back at five to take more photos..I think I will wait till next week, when his lovely wife is home.

I am sure Mrs. Gossip will be reporting my whereabouts to my Mother and Father within 24 hours. Far Guy says if he hears any gossip..he is just going to say .. "I knew she was up to no good, whining about some photos of little pigs, and all the while she was secretly cavorting in the hog barns with the neighbor, and she took the dog with her too."
Chance had a blast with his friend..and I got my photographs! :)


15 comments:

Lanny said...

They do grow fast and we love pigs and miss having them right now. EBet, my oldest at home right now, is the main swineherder and she discovered that pigs smell like maple syrup. I'm glad you had a good visit to the piglets. I wonder what the gossip will be.

Emma Rose said...

Oh how funny! You are in REAL trouble now. The whole county will be talking about you :)
Great story!

Say hi to Chance.

Emma Rose

flydragon said...

Well not only will your Mother and Father know, courtesy of Mrs. Gossip, but now the whole blogging world knows what you were up to. And the little piggies are so cute, even if you did just take their picture to bolster your excuse.

Chrissy said...

Don't you just hate gossipers! The pigs are cute though and worth the trouble :-)

Anonymous said...

The news has already reached Georgia Connie!!!!!
Oh, such cute piglets. My girlfriend in college lived on a farm in s. GA and I loved to visit when there were babies.

Girl Tornado said...

Oh I am laughing my butt off, your hubby is quite funny... I don't miss the neighborhood gossip from back home at all. One of the benefits of living out here. :)

And what cute lil piggies!!

Jeanne Estridge said...

Looks like you got to the piglets in time -- well worth giving up your reputation!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Ahhh, the small town life. I love the Far Guy's sense of humor.

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Totally worth the trouble, Far Side. What a great shot. I love little piggies! Can't not think of Wilbur...

Andrea said...

What cute little piglets!!! Definitely worth the trouble! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Aren't they the most precious little ones...yup! Darling and how lucky for you to get such a chance to see this little ones.
Thanks for sharing....TJ

Anonymous said...

too cute! :-)

RURAL said...

Hey I just heard! All the way out here. And what were you doing in the barn? I am shocked!

LOL. Gorgeous little piggies, one piggy, two piggy, three piggy CUTE!

Times were, our building was a hive of gossip. If I did not take my car out on a day off, they would knock on my door at supper time to "see if I was alright." Ah ha!

Imagine the gossip flying when I went to the neighbors door to ask to borrow a corkscrew. Gar and I were on our second date, and he broke my old one by accident. They practically peeked out the windows all night to make sure that he went home.

Which he did, BTW, at a very respectable time.

Jen

Michelle said...

Good thing you had your camera to back up your story...just in case your Mother and Father hear the news.

Cute little slabs of bacon!

Lori Skoog said...

Great photo of the piglets!

PS-I sure hope your husband is having a good day.