Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pork

I like pork. Just not the political "pork." This week I read only some of the projects that were added along in the stimulus package. I became sick to my stomach. Crooks helping other crooks. Drag them into the streets and hang them all and lets have a "do over." The next bunch we get might be better.

In a time when people are losing their jobs and homes, the people who are supposed to represent US are passing bills that make no sense to me at all. I noticed that some minorities were chosen to be recipients of funds. Not a Finlander in the bunch. Apparently there is no such thing as a Finish Advocacy Council.

The honey bees..well let me tell ya..that was really high on my list of things I was worried about..homeless uninsured bees. The electric golf carts were another thing that kept me awake at night.. what in the world would all those golfers do if they had to walk. Golfers would be skinny walkers..yup if they want to golf they should be in shape. Digital TV coupons..HUH? Let the TV stations stay up at night worrying about their customers, and how they will get the signal. I have a signal for them and it is not a thumbs up either.

What have we come too? Who is gonna pay? Who will survive this political ineptitude? I just don't get it. We need to close the gap..not widen it. We need to work together to make things better. We need leadership that says "No Way Jose" "Sorry Charlie"
Stick a fork in me..I am done:)

9 comments:

flydragon said...

Ha, even in your rants you're a hoot.

Moms Musings said...

I couldn't have said it better

linda m said...

I'm right there with you. I thought we were supposed to get change , not dollars. Or should I say trillions of dollars. Gee, I can't even count that high.

Jeanne Estridge said...

The scary thing is, if/when this doesn't work, we've still got the same mess, but we're a trillion dollars deeper in debt. Excuse me while I go change my undies.

Girl Tornado said...

Yes, I agree you're pretty funny in your rants (I like your alternative thumbs up signal...), BUT I what you say is so true and I agree with Jeanne's comment too. What a huge, huge mess.

June said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

When I read your blog earlier today my husband was in the room so I read it to him. He said can you make a comment? (he's not a blogger)he said you tell her that we agree 100% and you tell her....then he started to rant on and on about what's been going on in Washington. I couldn't have typed everything he was saying, who has that kind of time. Besides Aol decided to stop working. So you were saved by a computer glich.

The Silver Age Sara said...

You know I agree with you and I can't think about it because I get so angry about the debt we are leaving our children and their children. We need to cut back and live with less and get used to it not spend money we don't have. Isn't that what got us into this mess in the first place? Doesn't anyone believe in hard work and budgets any more? All of us seem to so what is wrong with our newly elected officials?

Anonymous said...

The Duchess says it's time for a Tea Party. We have to say no to this obscene spending and somehow we have to say it loudly.