Monday, February 23, 2009

Just a Dream

I had a nightmare, good thing it was just a dream.

It is very cold, the sky is bright blue, the cornfield partially harvested, snow has covered the ground. The ground is hard and frozen under my feet. Our group is only one of thousands in the field, grandparents with their grandchildren. Some couples only have one or two grandchildren with them, we have five. Our five are all dressed in warm winter clothing, smiling faces, cheeks rosy red, their breath escaping from their mouths like little engines.

We see the specks in the sky, and the sound is deafening. The high whine of the engines belongs to an aircraft I have never seen before. The specks grow larger and larger..they are huge boats...boats in the sky with headlights and turn signals. Big red boats with strange Chinese symbols. They are landing in the cornfield. I ask Far Guy, "Where is the Air Force?' I ask him once more this time screaming "Where is the Fricking Air Force?" He just shakes his head. I tell the children to run, and run we do, as fast as we can towards the woods. I look back once and what I see causes me to run faster. There are hundreds of Chinese on every boat all with machetes, massacring grandparents and grandchildren. The snow in the field is turning bright red. I encourage everyone to run faster, run faster..don't stop running..don't look back..

I awaken, exhausted, relieved it was only a bad dream, and hope it is not a recurring one. This is one of the most far out dreams I have had in a long time. No wonder some days I really need a nap. I am sure this dream/nightmare is due in part to my over active imagination, but part of it is due to the staggering amount of money that we owe the Chinese. I must be worried how this is going to effect future generations. How will they ever survive? :(

8 comments:

DayPhoto said...

I hope your dream wasn't our future and you were being warned to warn us. I hope oh how I hope.

I too worry about everything, I worry about about our economy, about money we have invested so we would have a retirement. Our retirment.

Unknown said...

I hear you! I can't lay my head down on my pillow without having to hand those worries over to God. I think I've come really close to having panic attacks when I start to dwell on this stuff. You are not alone....

flydragon said...

Holy cow, Connie. Nothing like a really violent, bloody nightmare to get the heart racing. What the heck do you eat before you go to bed:)) (Chips with dip always did it to me, so I learned in a hurry not to eat that anymore)

Julia said...

Scary stuff Connie!
I'd be scared to go to bed if I dreamt like that..
Hope it doesn't happen again!
Julia ♥

Anonymous said...

Goodness me! What a terrible dream... but at least it was just that.

linda m said...

Let's hope it stays just a dream. I too am really worried about this country's state of affairs. Some days I have severe panic attacks just dwelling on our economy, our huge national debt and my ever dwindling retirement fund. Let's just hope and pray that this Country recovers.

Coffee with Cathy said...

Wow! That is some dream. How disconcerting and disturbing to wake up like that. Hope you were able to get back to normal soon. My younger daugter always has very strange dreams -- after she talks it out she's usually better.

Connie Peterson said...

Oh, lordy, what a dream!!! Are you sure you didn't watch "The Sand Pebble" with Steve McQueen before you went to bed?

It IS horrifying to have something like that in a dream and you can't do anything about it (until you wake up, terrified!).

Do NOT dream like that again!