Saturday, February 7, 2009

Oil of Old-Lady

Sometimes I think that time has marched on..right over my face. I have wrinkles, smile lines, and funny looking crepe papery looking eyelids. I also have a few tiny broken blood vessels on my cheek. Yup..time must have got me.

Maybe I need some of that Oil of Old-Lady. My Mother in law used to smear that cream all over her face and eyelids every night, and she remained much younger looking than she really was her entire life.

I hate anything on my face, if I wear makeup I feel all clogged up. I have gone so long without makeup that it feels all foreign on my face. I gave up on makeup completely when we opened the greenhouse. I would get a bit of a tan and I was good to go. Makeup would have just ran off my face in the warmth most days anyway.

I know some women who would never leave the house without their face perfectly in place. I feel sorry for them, they must feel like they have been taken hostage by their makeup.

As far as I know no one has ever pointed their finger at me and laughed out loud because of my makeup less face.

On days when I do wear makeup, Far Guy says "You put makeup on." Not you look beautiful..just "you put makeup on." I think he prefers me Au natural!

Last Fall I woke up one morning with a ZIT! Right on my chin, I could hardly believe it. I must have had one last hormone that went totally nuts. I felt younger for those few days that the zit plagued my chin. I almost felt like a teenager again, inspecting my face every morning, checking again at noon to see if it was any better, staring into the mirror at night wondering what it would look like in the morning. Finally I couldn't stand it any longer, I popped the darn thing, it stopped hurting and in a few days it was gone just like the teenage memories that it brought with it.

So do I want to smear some greasy looking crap all over my face every night? No, I think it is too late, I am past the point of no return. I am what I am, or the wrinkles are where they are:)

9 comments:

flydragon said...

lololol, this fits me to a T only add a few more years on:) But I think someone did point at me once or twice and laughed, so I just laughed too.

Anonymous said...

I never wear make-up - hate the stuff! However, I always always moisturize my face - morning and evening. If you use a light cream that is absorbed quickly then you don't get that clogged up feeling. My face is very dry and really needs moisturizing.

Unknown said...

Oh Connie, I'm rolling on the floor laughing my butt off!!!!! Too Funny!!!!

Jan said...

To me makeup is what I do in the morning if I have time leftover from everthing else I do to get ready and out the door. Not a priority.

Anonymous said...

LOL I like me better "Au Natural" too. If I do put makeup on the Bossman always want to know where on earth I'm going.

Jeanne Estridge said...

Have you noticed how it seems like you age in fits and starts? No noticeable changes for months or even years, and then one day you look in the mirror and say, "What the heck happened?

laurie said...

i used to say that i'd start wearing makeup when i turned 30. then i turned 30.

i said i'd start wearing makeup when i turned 40. then i turned 40.

then i scaled back; i said i'd start wearing lipstick when i turned 50. i turned 50.

now i am pretty sure i will never start using makeup.

i do use moiturizers sometimes. when i remember.

Anonymous said...

I wear make-up from time to time, but whenever I do, I think I look like a clown.

But, I have started to wear lotion - which is something new now that I'm approaching 40. I used to have oily skin and suddenly - zap - I'm all dried up.

Mary said...

I think makeup makes my lines and wrinkles more pronounced. I use the "oil of old lady" for comfort for my dry, itchy skin. It doesn't make me look any younger, though.