Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ready, Set.. FLY!!















Chance enjoys his pool. Recently I captured part of his everyday playtime. Far Guy uses the flinger to throw water droplets into the air for Chance to catch!










This is one of Chance's favorite activities! After a good round of playing ball, he will go over and lay next to his pool...and wait ..and wait..and stare at you..as if to say " Time to play in the water now."

The story of the pool: I went to town in search of a pool for him several years ago. I found one at a local discount store, it was located outside with a bunch of other pools, some smaller some larger. There was only one left of the size I wanted. I took it inside, stood in line, paid for it and loaded it in the pickup.
Later on in the summer Far Guy was giving the pool a really good cleaning, and discovered that I had inadvertently picked up not only one pool but three, they were stuck together so good that they appeared to be one. I was a pool thief. Far Guy said "Never in a million years did I ever think my lovely wife was a thief, but I have the evidence." I gave one away to a gal that had rescued a Border Collie, she didn't have a pool so I shared with her. Far Guy said "You realize that you are aiding and abetting a known criminal by receiving stolen property?" He just couldn't keep his big mouth shut about my pool episode. I am still left with an extra pool, this troubled me for some time. Should I go back to the store, and tell them I only wanted one..but accidentally got three? I took them through the checkout, shouldn't the clerk have noticed that there was three instead of one? After all it was her job, I was just the unsuspecting customer. I did not go into the store to become a pool thief on purpose.
I decided it was not my fault, and made a donation to the Local Animal Shelter which more than equaled the price of the two extra pools. Kind of like taking from the rich and giving to the poor, or a Farside Robinhood! So now the whole blog world knows...What would you have done? :)



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stoping by my blog and leaving a comment!

The swimming pool is a tough call. I'm so honest I would probably have taken it back and laughed at the whole situation. But under those circumstances, how could you be obligated to return it since you did carry it inside to pay for it, and the cashier does have an obligation to check? Giving it to charity is a nice compromise, besides if you took the pools back now, they'd probably mark it 80% off.

laurie said...

i am more amazed that your border collie loves his pool.

our border collie wants absolutely nothing to do with water, other than drinking it.

he won't even let his toes get wet in a stream.

Heidi said...

Thank you for stopping by the farm house!!! LOL We are closer than you think - I live in a state that touchs yours!! :) Hope you stop back again soon!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hey girls! Welcome! I am glad you stopped by! Thanks for your comments!
laurie, he is a country dog!!:)