Friday, June 30, 2023

Blue

 Yup decided on the blue one.  Boy it sure takes a long time to buy a car.  We did a test drive and liked it and they threw in a case of catsup and floor liners.  They filled it with gas while I took everything out of the old car.  ( The Catsup promotion starts July 1st...but they must have figured we qualified.) Catsup will go to relatives and to the food shelf:)

I wonder why we have so much "stuff and things" in that car.   How many face masks do we need anyway and how many bottles of hand sanitizer? I always throw spare change in the glove box....it is an old habit....one day before credit cards and debit cards I left my checkbook at home and scrounged up enough change in the glove box to buy milk and bread at the grocery store. 

Who came up with the name glove box anyways?  We have never kept gloves there...have you?  Ours is more like a junk drawer. 

We have car and Insurance papers, a map of Minnesota, a first aid kit, a puke bag, toothpicks, Tylenol, Kleenex, a crossword puzzle book, sunglasses, reading glasses, Tums, a charger for the I Pads, hand warmer and a multitool in the glove compartment.  In the door we have an umbrella and a lint roller and behind the drivers seat several ice scrapers.  I also have a Sub Zero fold up cooler that I love and several insulated cloth grocery bags and a quilt...just in case, it covers the cargo area.  Winter survival kit will go back in the car when winter approaches.

No time for a photo today...buying a car tired us both out.

Another shot of a pretty Buick.

Far Side


16 comments:

Val Ewing said...

That is a classic car!
The color is beautiful.

Congrats on the new Blue.
My glove box only holds kleenex and insurance papers along with the registration.

However I dump things in the back of my 'Ru. Like, gym shoes, jump rope, jumper cables, safety vest, and leashes.
I should probably keep it much cleaner, but I don't.

:)

Sara said...

But "glove box" sounds so much classier than "junk box". My change all gets thrown into the center console but with the same result. You mentioned a couple of things that SHOULD be in my car but aren't.

Maebeme said...

You know I had to go look, right? I have the owner's manual, the thingy that the tire people use to tighten the bolts on the tires, and a magnet and wipes from the oil change business. Oh, and a half a bag of stale potato chips. I'm glad I looked, because I can imagine the latter might have attracted bugs or mice.

Looking forward to seeing the photo of your new vehicle. And catsup? That sounds like an odd add-in.

Terry and Linda said...

That is a cool classic! YAY FOR YOU!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

My new car doesn’t have all the cubbies my old one did. It has forced me to get rid of a lot of the “stuff” I thought I needed. Enjoy your new blue beauty!

Jenn Jilks said...

I wonder if they used to be an actual box?!

Rita said...

I think I heard one time long ago that term came from back when people actually used driving gloves when they drove the car...like a hundred years ago when they also wore goggles, etc. We're probably lucky it isn't called a goggle box--lol! :)

Linda Reeder said...

Congratulations on the new car! Yes, we do keep a lot of stuff in our cars because, well, you never know. Have fun driving your new blue ride.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations!!! Wow! A new car....does it have that new car smell too? How exciting!

The Furry Gnome said...

Sounds familiar!

Granny Marigold said...

Choosing a new vehicle is a big thing and exhausting. Glad you got it done.

Red said...

Buying cars is not that simple anymore. they have many other things they want to sell you.

diane in northern wis said...

Ha! Congratulations on getting the blue car. Hope you'll like it just fine in the months and years to come.

Georgina said...

We have most of the stuff you do in our car but we also have a hammer, duct tape, a head torch (never leave home without one), some old carpet, and because of European rules high vis jackets, an alcohol testing kit and an emergency triangle. And never forget the piece of wood - touch wood.

L. D. said...

I don't get to use Catsup anymore but I remember it is so delicious. I think Far Guy needs to buy the old blue Buick also. The glovebox was a magical place where things got lost and things were stored there forever. As a kid I used the door as a place to do crafts as we traveled out west on long hot trips.

Galla Creek said...

I don’t care for catsup. Grew up not having that on the table may be why. I think you chose a good car.