Friday, February 24, 2023

Grandma with a camera

 Yes, I am the grandma with the camera.  I know that I have more photos of the grandgirls than their mother has.   I know that I have different photos of the grandboys than their mother has...however I am sure the amount of photos she has exceed mine. 

I have my photos on flash drives and an index that tells me mostly what is where.  I sort through the year and copy the photos I want to my desktop and then transfer them to a folder on my desktop by year so I can order 4 X 6 prints from Walmart...they are 12 cents each.   2017 had 147 photos because it was a busy year in the Grands lives... 2018 had only 50 photos...a calmer year.  Soon I will be caught up with the flash drives.  Back at home I have some doubles of photos that will be put in the albums and I have to scan some that only have one copy.  

After I pick up the photos I write on the back the month, day and year. ( I use a Generals Scribe All  #1251 Black pencil)  Then I sort by child, then I sort those piles again by date in preparation for placing them in the albums. 


When the Grands are in the line up for a photo...I order five photos one for each of their albums.  Other than group photos each of their albums is all about them! 

  Far Guys Infusion went...four sticks from two different Nurses.  It was very cold and windy...now we will stay put and keep warm...very thankful that we only had to go across town. 

I have a number of projects to work on! 

Far Side

17 comments:

Lynda said...

You read my mind last night. I was wondering if you had prints made or used one of the services that will print the book for you. Now I know. I HAVE TO get my pics labeled and in some kind of order. Thanks for sharing your project in this category.

Val Ewing said...

Cold here today also.

Too bad about all the sticks, that is such a pain.

This morning it was cold in the house however I am happy we didn't get the temps you got.

Sara said...

Your photo album process really impresses me. I did well with organizing by decade awhile back, and keep my digital photos files organized pretty well by year and topic. But there are so many old pictures left to go through here.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I'm the camera lady around here! I like your organization.
I bet the grands will really appreciate their albums.
I certainly need to print more of the photos I take

Ed said...

I'm not sure I fully grasp your system but it does sound like a lot of work.

Red said...

Nice collage of all the grand kids.

Maebeme said...

I'm a grandma with a camera too, though with only one grandchild I'm thinking it is a lot easier. You definitely have a good system going for you, and the grands are lucky to have a grandma who provides evidence of their childhood and special memories.
Poor Far Guy! I hope the next infusion goes much easier.
Stay warm!

Betsy said...

You are so organized. All of my photos are on my phone in a complete mess. It's so cold here but not like you have. I think it's -6F right now. Tomorrow is supposed to be 50F! It's absolutely insane the ups and downs this year.
I'm sorry about all the sticks for Far Guy. He's a very patient man, but thank goodness for modern medicine and the treatments that can be done.
Blessings,
Betsy

Sandra said...

You do keep yourself busy! I know it's cold up there, stay warm.

Rita said...

You are so organized with your photos!
Poor FarGuy. Never knows how things will go from week to week. :(
Stay warm!!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

You are so organized and I wish I had made albums for all my kids. What a wonderful gift to give them. Sorry that Far Guy had to get stuck so many times. It's cold here today...sunny but cold and windy. Spring was short lived! But it will warm up by next week again...this is Spring in the Ozarks.

Linda Reeder said...

It's wonderful that you are creating these albums for your grands.
Working with photos is a great way to keep busy and enjoy happy memories.

Miss Merry said...

You are so organized! About once a year I sit down and work on sorting all the tubs and tubs of photos this camera gramma has taken over the years. It is a project.

Granny Marigold said...

I did much better with keeping individual scrapbooks for each grand when they were younger. Now I know I'm slacking off but truthfully....I'm tired of doing that job.

diane in northern wis said...

Your photo project is sure coming along well. And you seem very organized too. Poor far guy with four sticks again....I would dislike that sooooo much. Glad you got back home and could stay in out of the cold!

Jenn Jilks said...

JB often has three sticks. He's trying heat packs these days.

L. D. said...

When I would give blood the workers just couldn't get the needle into my vein. What really happened many times it would go through to the other side. Holding to keep it in the vein made me turn white. I tried again and after the third donation time and it kept happening with different workeres it did it again I just quit donating.