Saturday, October 15, 2022

Second Snow

 At this rate Winter will be here early.  The third snow usually stays:(  

We woke up to the second snow. 


By afternoon it had melted.  

We had a fairly productive week.  Only two more windows to wash and the screen door.  It may or may not happen.  Ranger Blue was cleaned out before the cold weather and windows were washed.  We brought in "stuff" from the garages that would freeze.  Far Guy cleaned up Tilly's garage and did some work in the greenhouse/woodshop.

 Leaves were blown around and mulched.  One more time around the yard might happen.  So far I have mulched our yard seven times this Fall.  I mulched at my other baby brothers...he has lots of leaves yet to fall.   The leaves in our yard are 90% down.  

The last of the ant hills were doused with borax/powdered sugar.  The no trespass signs were put up.  

Are we ready for Winter...not completely but in the next two weeks we should be. 

Our quiet snowy day yesterday was spent mostly inside...Far Guy began painting the Christmas Ornaments. We watched Blue Jays and Juncos out the windows.   I cleaned the bathroom and did some laundry and organized some craft stuff. 

We both are a bit headachy and tired from the high dose flu shot.  Naps were high on our priority list in the afternoon.  Far Guy cooked supper...hamburgers without a bun but with some bacon, waffle fries in the air fryer and peaches.


Far Side

17 comments:

Sara said...

That little dusting of snow is pretty, but I guess I'm not ready for winter yet. We've had such windy days lately that the leaves are coming down early before we really see the best color. Today is the opening weekend of pheasant hunting in SD, which is practically a religious holiday.

DJan said...

I didn't have much problem with the flu shot this year, other than a very very sore arm for two days. Glad it's behind us for another year.

Red said...

Well, for sure I didn't send the snow this time. We did have a nasty windy day yesterday with a small amount of rain. High 15C

Maebeme said...

Yikes, too early in my mind but we almost always have snow by Halloween. I'm kidding myself if I think it won't happen here soo too. glad it melted for you.
Definitely days to hang out indoors and do things you enjoy. Hope you are both feeling better.

Linda Reeder said...

My flu shot last week was just a bit sore for a day. Mu Covid booster from yesterday seems to be about the same, but I am very sore this morning from what I assume are my other causes, since days like this happen without shots.
You two have been very productive in winterizing your place. We're still mostly green or brown here, most leaves yet to fall.

Gemma's person said...

I have started eating 1/2 bun with my hamburger as a sandwich. SNOW!!
You sound ready to me for winter. I have upped my naps for the winter time.;)

At Home In New Zealand said...

Your seasons change very fast. It doesn't seem that long ago I remember you heading into late summer / autumn. Glad you are managing to get those winter-ready jobs crossed off your list :)

L. D. said...

I guess we are ignoring the flu shot for another week. It will happen fitting it in with an oil change and new tires for the car. I don't like the reactions to the flu shot.

Granny Marigold said...

It seems as if you'll be ready for Winter even if it comes a little early.

Miss Merry said...

I'm sorry your vaccinations bother you. I got lucky with the high dose flu and forgot I got it until I saw the bandaid in the shower. Hope more snow doesn't stick!

HWIT BLOGG said...

I´m still enjoying the Autumn here but soon the snow will come, for sure...
Love from Titti

Betsy said...

I don't know what kind of flu shot we got on Thursday but I still have a bit of a headache too. We have been crazy busy around here and it sounds like you have too.
Take care of yourselves and just take it easy.
Blessings,
Betsy

Dawn said...

You are so productive! I still need to get my flu shot. And wash windows. Or at least one, where a hawk flew into it. I don't want to think about snow yet.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

We have a ways to go to catch up to you as far as leaves and snow. What is a high dose flu shot? I just got the regular one.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sam, The High Dose is 4 times the antigen for people over 65 years old.

Rita said...

Your snow stayed on the ground at least long enough for you to get a picture. Ours melted as it touched the ground. I need to get my covid booster shot first. Get so sick. Been putting it off. Glad you're doing okay. :)

Leah said...

sure seems like winter has arrived, hopefully we get a warmish day to wrap things up!