Sunday, October 9, 2022

Progress

 We are making progress on the Fall work list.  I try to tackle something extra every day. 

Yesterday I took care of spraying some weeds in the sauna path, after I located my leaf blower.   It would have been faster just to sweep the walkway before spraying.  I mixed up powdered sugar and borax in a big pail to take to some large ant hills.  The powdered sugar attracts them and the borax kills them.  That project is just half done and I will finish covering the rest of the ant hills soon.  I prepared some of the no trespassing signs so I can rubber cement them onto boards and get them hung back up.  About half our leaves are down and I have mulched the leaves in our yard five times...it was a very dusty job yesterday. 

Far Guy has finished woodcarving the Christmas ornaments...I have a bunch to fine sand outside and then they become an inside project. 


Our high temperature yesterday was 60 F or 16 C eh! 

Far Side

12 comments:

DJan said...

You are like the Energizer Bunny, always with a project going. Love to hear about such great weather temperatures!

Maebeme said...

Love your fall flag! You've certainly been busy.

Linda Reeder said...

That's a fun fall flag.
Tom continues to be busy with outdoor jobs, although the smoke has been bothering him lately so he is limiting being outside. I'll get back to it when everything else settles down.
Enjoy your good weather as long as you can.

Gemma's person said...

I think last year you mulched 10 times...so you are half way there.:)
Our weather has been brisk the last 4 weeks and so beautifully fall.
Not much color yet and then comes the leaf fall . We live in the woods so leaves just stay where they are except on our gravel where we park.
Enjoy they nice days.

Granny Marigold said...

There's always something to do! Nice Fall flag.

Debi said...

You've been very busy! There seems to be so much to do to get ready for winter... and such a short time to do it in! I wish that fall lasted a little longer and winter was a little shorter! Have a great week!

diane in northern wis said...

Wow You're working your way right through that Fall list of yours. You're moving right along on your Christmas ornaments and I haven't really thought about Christmas yet. Love your Fall flag!

Galla Creek said...

Thanks for the hint—powdered sugar and borax. You mix it half and half? Connie, can one still buy borax?

Miss Merry said...

You are a busy girl!

Karen said...

I'm going to rake up the leaves and mulch up my garlic beds with them. My maples are shedding like mad.

L. D. said...

Eventually the leaves will be gone but for now I am sure they keep coming. We have warm weather but I have to wait for things to die back so I can clear them.

Betsy said...

My goodness you're busy, busy, busy. I had never heard of powdered sugar and borax. I'll have to try to keep that in the back of my mind. Are you staying home this winter or did I miss something?
Love your fall flag.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy