Tuesday, September 21, 2021

So Many Birthday Wishes!

 Thank you for all the wonderful birthday comments.  I had people singing to me all day long...beginning with my husband when I was barely awake, then my baby brother and his bride, Far Guys Sister and then Jen...along with a few emails too.  

We began celebrating the night before my birthday as my other baby brother and she who sees robins first baked rhubarb cake!   Then on my birthday we took DQ blizzards to share with my parents.  My Dad has memory problems...I asked him "How old am I Dad? " He said "34"...I said I will take that.  Then he was quiet and you could tell he was thinking real hard...and he finally got a big grin on his face and said "You are really old!" He remembered that he was in Korea when I was born.  

We drove around a bit before stopping for a proper late lunch or lupper.   When we got home my baby brother and his bride came in singing!  ( Baxter was not singing,  he was looking for treats!)  Later in the evening I had calls from Miss Paige, Jen, Andy and Adam. 

Cards from family and friends.  Thank you all! 

Far Side


23 comments:

linda m said...

So happy you had a wonderful day. Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday with some very special people helping you celebrate.

Miss Merry said...

Gosh, the perfect birthday! Surrounded by family and love.

Pauline Persing said...

Sounds like a pleasant birthday. I had your birthday marked on my kitchen calendar. I have not been keeping up with sending cards.

Sara said...

Sounds like you got lots of love!!!

Betsy said...

It sounds as though you had a very nice birthday with family and friends all around. What a lovely gift in itself.
Blessings,
Betsy

Val Ewing said...

Well happy birthday that...I missed. Sorry about that. Hangs head.

Rita said...

Sounds lke a fantastic birthday!!! :)

The Feminine Energy said...

I'm so glad you had a nice birthday, Connie. You are loved!! ~Andrea xoxoxo

Henny Penny said...

So glad you had a happy birthday. You are so loved, and it's easy to see why. Well, hope you have lots more days like that.

Terry and Linda said...

What lovely day you had. Happy Birthday, Dear Friend

Maebeme said...

What a nice day!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful day! It's always special to see and hear from lots of family and friends!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Sounds like a pretty great day

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

How did I miss it ...again!?! I'm terrible and I don't imagine it will gt any better as I age. Was this the big 70? I thought you were younger than that..like 60's....whoa Nellie! I'm glad you had a great day and lots of cards and visitors and yummy things to eat! Happy Birthday!!!

Linda Reeder said...

Wonderful! For all you do for others, you deserve to be celebrated.

Shirley said...

Happy birthday! Loved the story about your dad. I think we are about the same age.
Sounds like you had a great birthday!

Granny Marigold said...

How lovely that you were celebrated by so many friends and family members. Your Dad's comment made me smile.

diane in northern wis said...

Glad to hear you had such a great Birthday! Now I hope you will have a super duper year!!!

At Home In New Zealand said...

What an awesome birthday - you are obviously one very loved lady :) xx

Dawn P. said...

Happy Belated Birthday !! And love the story of your Dad! My Dad served in Korea too, on the USS New Jersey; he was ships navigator and ships bugler! He sadly passed 8/29/2018. Miss him every day. What a wonderful few days you have had.

Victoria Zigler said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday.

L. D. said...

I missed the day but do wish you a happy late birthday. Your dad is cute. He is working with what he has. All of the different treats and food sounded like a good way to celebrate. Baxter now knows you have treats and where they are and he wants them .....now.

Galla Creek said...

Happy Birthday. I see I’m a little older than you, but not a lot.