Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Wistful Wednesday: Adam in 2004

Since this is Adam’s birthday week I have another photo of him.

Adam Birthday

Adam has a present wrapped in newspaper…trademark of Susan’s daycare.  He is joined on the couch by other children…everyone must have been instructed to throw their blankies/toys/pillows on the floor. I think I recognize Adam’s blankie on the floor. He had the same blankie for a number of years…his mother bought several of the same kind of blanket…and since he chewed on his blankie his mother kept cutting off the teeth marked edges. His blankie got smaller and smaller. I believe he was three years old in this photo in 2004.

Blog Signature

15 comments:

Linda Reeder said...

Oh my! What a precious photo! I see some little one has a shiner.

Pablo said...

That is so sweet! I am surprised no one is crying, though, at having to part with their blankie ... even for an instant!

linda m said...

That is so funny about Adam's blanket. My son did the same thing to his blanket and I just kept cutting the edges off. After he left home I kept his blanket and put new binding on what was left. Gave it to him a few years back. Was he ever surprised.

Val Ewing said...

Blankies...oh my. That brings back memories! My son wore his out and my oldest son decided to throw his away one day.

DJan said...

What a bunch of cuties! And now they're all grown up, but they were good to sit for a picture like that. Happy birthday again, Adam! :-)

Pauline Persing said...

Cute picture.

Far Side of Fifty said...

If I recall correctly it was a birthmark.

Betsy said...

Such curies. I had an inhome daycare for years when our kids were small. This brings back memories. I do miss having little ones around. It looks like they all got along very well.
Blessings,
Betsy

Tired Teacher said...

Little ones do love the satin bindings on blankets and get very attached to the blanket itself.

Sara said...

Cute group of kiddos! They do grow up way too fast.

Rita said...

To think all those little ones are all grown up now. :)

Bonnie said...

Such sweet memories!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Oh he is so cute, such great memories

Granny Marigold said...

Like Betsy I also had an inhome daycare for many years. Unlike Betsy I don't miss those days. That's quite a line-up of little ones on the couch. I hope Susan had helpers!!

Sam I Am...... said...

Look at all those towheads(blonds)....not sure where the name towhead came from. What an adorable picture...wish we could turn back the clock w hen they were all little...just for a day or 2.