Monday, September 17, 2018

Half a Wheel

We bought this half of a wheel in an antique shop in Baker Montana one summer.  We used to have a cow skull that went with it but a previous neighbor’s dog named Molly kept stealing it.   Eventually  it disappeared. (Molly’s Mom and Dad may have gotten tired of returning it.)

IMG_2239

I used to put pots of flowers near it.  Now it is just a spot for weeds.

We had a busy Sunday.  Jen and Andy came over, we went out for lunch to kick off birthday week.  We stopped by Wallyworld to get a couple of cases of water when we had strong help…of course one of the workers in Wallyworld thought Blake was in the store and she got a little excited.  We use bottled water for coffee and then our coffee pot lasts a good long time! I drink coffee once in a great while and Far Guy cannot wake up without it.

I mulched the first batch of leaves in our yard…and so it begins.  Last year it was 7 mulchings…time will tell what it is this year.

I put a bunch of old landscape bricks for sale on a facebook marketplace and sold them and they were picked up…no more pile of bricks!  Cross something off the list!  Ah yes you actually have to make a list to cross something off.

My inside projects are kinda like the half a wheel…no big accomplishments.  I still have 22 Christmas ornaments to paint. 

Blog Signature

15 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I have several wheels that are actually nice old metal ones. My hubby has kept them in the shed. I think I need to bring them out this fall and set them up to have some low laying flowers around them next year and perhaps hang one of the painted skulls there!

My guests left and truthfully I didn't get a lot done this weekend!

linda m said...

We have a bare spot in the front of our house that could use an old wagon wheel. The leaves are falling around here also. Fall is coming way to fast this year.

DJan said...

I remember last year's mulch. Since the trees don't change that much from year to year, I'll be interested to see if it's similar this year. :-)

Tired Teacher said...

My brother's dog used to steal dog dishes from all the neighbors. It was impossible to know who owned what.

Lady Fi said...

THat's wheely nice! Ha ha.

Dawn said...

I have so much gardening to do. I blame the excessive heat for me being inside reading emails and scrolling through FB instead. Soon I hope to have excessive cold and snow to blame.

Red said...

Things change sometimes by just leaving them alone.

Betsy said...

I really like your wagon wheel. I’ve always wanted to get one but just have never done it. I laughed at the skull story. We are getting ready to close up the trailer at the lake this weekend. So far I’ve taken three boxes home and Dennis Had taken two pick up loads of chairs and tables, etc. home. We still have more to do. This morning I raked up four big totes full of Pineneedles that fell overnight. I carried those down to the slash pile about an eighth of a mile from our trailer. I’m not sure why I bother, I know as soon as there’s another breeze they’ll be just as many needles back again! It’s beautiful crisp fall morning this morning.
Blessings, Betsy

Cynthia said...

That's funny about the dog stealing your decorative cow skull. I'm imagining each time his humans brought it back it had another gnawed-on spot!

Rita said...

Feels so good to check things off the list. ;)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I like the half wheel looks so cool..................

Linda Reeder said...

I was only worth a half a wheel today. Maybe tomorrow I can get on a roll.
Thanks for the analogy.
The leaves of brown pretty much wait until October to come tumbling down here.

Granny Marigold said...

I only drink coffee in the morning but I do look forward to it.
Nice that you were able to sell those bricks so quickly!

L. D. said...

Yep, I bet the neighbor’s thought it too difficult to give back your skull or maybe Molly left it in the woods somewhere. I moved a cow skull to the new place from my old art class room. I like the half wheels but living in suburbia I am sure people think I am getting a little cluttered.

Sam I Am...... said...

Great minds think alike! I have 2 old metal farm wheels, one was my pot hanger at the farm for my pots and pans and I also had a cow skull that I carried on the plane back from Tijuana, Mexico years ago. Now those horns would be considered a weapon! LOL! I had them wrapped really well so I didn't stab anyone..ha, ha! I had an old thresher in my front yard on the farm too....I better stop talking or I'll get homesick again.