Friday, September 21, 2018

The Birthday Surprise!

The birthday surprise was a surprise for both of us….Far Guy had no idea what thoughtful gift he was going to come up with…he was starting to panic.  I have to admit I might have enjoyed his panic just a tad.  He was so busy last week my birthday was the last thing on his mind.

Our daughter Jen showed up with a new machine that she had purchased…Far Guy then offered to purchase it from her… for me!

 Gemini

It is a fancy smancy die cutter.

No more hand cranking a die machine…this one has a motor and grabs the sandwitched die and the paper comes out perfect.

For our Christmas Cards this year I wanted a fancy die cut piece of paper to surround a stamped image.

Frames with the snowflake die

The machine does a marvelous job…this is a very intricate cutout…many tiny pieces of paper fall out all over!  If they don’t fall out then they are poked out.

IMG_2257 

It is a wonderful Birthday surprise!  Far Guy was off the hook…I was happy…and Jen can borrow it when ever she wants. It was a win win win situation.

Blog Signature

23 comments:

linda m said...

Far Guy out did himself this year. Way to Go Far Guy!!

Granny_J said...

That is a great machine. The cutouts are gorgeous. I can't wait to see some of the cards you design. Now I've added it to my wish list.

Dawn said...

What a cool gift! Perfect! Good thing he thought of it. LOL

Tired Teacher said...

High five, Far Guy!

Lynda said...

LOVE it!!!

Terry and Linda said...

YAY! Perfect!

Victoria Zigler said...

Glad your birthday surprise fell in to Far Guy's lap like that, and you're so pleased with it.

Rita said...

Yes! No more hand cranking!! I got the Vagabond. Still have to press a button, but can do larger pieces. You don't even have to hold a button down--whoohoo! These new intricate dies they have now are just so beautiful and amazing. You will love that little machine!! :) I wouldn't doubt Jen might still want her own. ;)

Bonnie said...

A wonderful gift! You really needed that gadget fo all the cards you make.

Sara said...

What a perfect gift. And your intricate design is going to be a beautiful frame for your cards. He did good!! Happy birthday!

Betsy said...

What a perfect gift! I love it. If I were more into card making I would want something like that too. Way to go Far Guy! Blessings, Betsy

Red said...

I never dream that there was such a machine!

marlu said...

What a great gift! Amazing how they improve things from the original ideas.

L. D. said...

Win, win for sure. That is a fancy machine making beautiful cutouts.

Granny Marigold said...

That's the perfect gift for you and I'm sure you'll use it a LOT.

Debi said...

What a wonderful gift! I can't wait to see your Christmas cards... that cutout is beautiful!

thecrazysheeplady said...

That's really cool!

Linda Reeder said...

A perfect gift for you! Far guy lucked out. :-)

Leah said...

that is a super cool machine - oh my how things have improved since I was doing scrapbooking and other paper crafts :)

Sam I Am...... said...

What an awesome gift and you deserve it after all the beautiful cards you've made. Now they will be even more beautiful! Good job Far Guy!

Val Ewing said...

Wow, I didn't even know such a thing existed. However your cards will be even more incredible with a bit of ease now. Good job Far Guy!

DJan said...

So pretty! I would never have thought of that, but it's perfect for you. :-)

Jacqi Stevens said...

That does look fancy! What a thoughtful guy Far Guy is! ;)