Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Backwards Birthdays

Our youngest daughter started going backards with her birthdays …today she is 37 by her count and somewhat older by mine.

She was 18 days overdue.  Her husband asked me “ Why didn’t you wait a few more days and you could share a birthday?”  I replied “She was 18 days overdue.”  Far Guy said “ Good thing she was born when she was because someone was pretty cranky.”

Newborn Jennifer

The Doctor barely made it for her birth, she was born at 12:59 AM on a Thursday.  Of course I was there…Far Guy, the Doctor and  a Nurse.  Big Sister Trica was at our home with my baby brother…he was in college back then.

jen Birth certificate back (2)

Aww look at those little feet!  The Doctor was thankful to have her here and okay because I had been having some problems.  She was a tad overdone and had lost weight…she weighed 5 Ibs and 5 Ounces and was 19 inches long.  Her skin was all wrinkly…and she was born hungry!

IMG_1187 

Here she is…almost 37…by her count!

In August of 1979 I wrote this…Jennifer is becoming quite independant.  I told her “No cookies”  She said “Know what?  I am mad at you.”

The same year I wrote… Counts to 20, says her ABC’s  reads  to herself, she looks at the pictures and makes up stories.

Happy Birthday Jen!  We are proud to be your parents!

Blog Signature

20 comments:

Victoria Zigler said...

Happy birthday, Jennifer!

linda m said...

Happy Birthday, Jennifer!

DJan said...

She is beautiful! Happy birthday to a fine young woman. And yes, you are still young, believe me. :-)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Fun stories :-)

Tired Teacher said...

Love the memories - Happy Birthday, Jenn!

Henny Penny said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer. You just can beat a Virgo, can you. My birthday four days ago didn't get much attention as that was the day Hurricane Florence blew in to NC. :)

marlu said...

Happy Birthday! You were definitely worth waiting for! A lovely young woman....

L. D. said...

My youngest guy is just almost the same age old as Jennifer. I don’t know how he will deal with 40 when it does come. He is pretty laid back and won’t notice. We have no more birthdays until December.

Rita said...

Happy birthday to Jennifer! I never thought about counting backwards for birthdays--LOL!

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday Jen! You look like you are barely in your 20s!

Red said...

Well , happy birthday to Jennifer. Parents always have special memories of these times.

Cynthia said...

Sweet memories. I'm sure those last 18 days were very long ones for you. You had every right to get a wee bit cranky!

Kansas Kay said...

Happy Birthday to Jen! Those tiny feet on the photo- darling.

Linda Reeder said...

I have heard of a baby being overdue but not "overdone"! I guess that could be an issue. But she turned out quite well, I see. Happy Birthday.

Pauline Persing said...

Happy birthday, Jennifer.

Granny Marigold said...

Happy Birthday, Jennifer.
I always thought babies just kept getting heavier and heavier when they were overdue.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Hope Jennifer had an awesome birthday and felt loved and appreciated

Far Side of Fifty said...

No, not always the case...she lost weight.

Far Side of Fifty said...

My placenta was shrinking and passing very little nutrients to her. She was born hungry! She had very wrinkly skin, she had weighed more previously. The placenta shattered after she was born.

Sam I Am...... said...

What a cutie pie....so glad you both made it! Happy Birthday Jennifer...you're still a cutie pie...37 I was thinking 27! At my age everyone looks so young! LOL!