Monday, September 24, 2018

Fall is falling fast

Ack the leaves…I did the 4th mulch yesterday and my husband says about 1/8 of the leaves have fallen…I was hoping he would say 1/4 of them are gone…maybe a big wind will come up and blow them away!  It was cool out…I should have worn gloves and a hat.

I finished packing up/straightening my garage…I still have a few odds and ends that I will try to sell online. I have a car full of stuff to recycle or donate.

IMG_2293

Next door the Impatiens have made way for pumpkins and gourds.   I always wonder if the deer will eat them.

Decorating the wreath outside the door for Fall and changing the flag is on my list of things to do.

We have a busy week coming up and I am signed up to attend a retreat at the end of the week.  I will be working on our Christmas cards and a bead project. I have made a list.

Chance is holding his own for now…he has ups and downs…and so do we.

Blog Signature

13 comments:

linda m said...

The cooler weather has finally descended upon us. Haven't felt much like Fall decorating with the high temps. Mulched my yard last week, needs it again with lots of leaves still on the trees.

DJan said...

No picture of Chance in your new header. Tell him I miss him! It's cooler here, too, but nothing like you're experiencing. Most of the leaves are still on the trees and haven't turned yet. :-)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh yes look closer he is there with a friend:)

Tired Teacher said...

Ack! Dealing with fallen leaves is a chore that keeps appearing.

Rita said...

I hope you have a fun productive time at the retreat. Glad Chance is stubbornly hanging in there, the old sweetheart. :)

Dawn said...

We're finally cooler too, but really no leaves falling yet. Just a touch of color in some of those trees...you must be further north than us.

Victoria Zigler said...

Hope you get that wind so you can get all the leaves dealt with. Also, good luck with getting to all the things on your list.

Glad Chance is having some good moments.

Betsy said...

Our leaves are all changing colors very, very quickly. Almost 6 weeks earlier than last year! It makes me dread what this winter must be going to bring. Love all of the pumpkins.
Blessings, Betsy

Karen said...

Hold on tight, Chance! I grew sugar pumpkins this year. Three plants produced 24 pumpkins before powdery mildew killed the plant fairly early. Not a bad return for $1.29 investment. We eat pumpkin porridge most mornings, so I will roast them for that. After a very hot and dry summer, we've had a couple of weeks of cool, rather damp weather. Summer is returning this week, thankfully.

Red said...

We just have no idea how many leaves are on one tree. It's better to mulch than to have to rake.

Linda Reeder said...

I need to get my autumn wreath out today too. Yesterday it would have blown away. We had the wind you need, but only the cedar tree is dropping so far. It is raining seeds.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Nothing falling here not even my dad which is a good thing

Granny Marigold said...

You must have a feeling of accomplishment after cleaning out the garage.
At least that will stay done, not like mulching the leaves which seems to be an on-going chore.