Sunday, September 9, 2018

September Wedding

Yesterday we attended a wedding.  We have known the groom’s parents since before they were married…so we have known Jake all his life.

The wedding was held in a State Park in a small amphitheater.

Lake bemidji It was  a lovely ceremony. There was a bit of a breeze off the lake and the temperature was about 72 F perfect outdoor wedding weather.

The best sister

The groom and his best and only sister…she has no problems being called the best man.

The bride’s grandfather was the officiant.  He talked about love and trust.  The couple wrote their own vows…and the bride was so overcome by the groom’s vows she began to cry …she said “I should have gone first.”  She recovered nicely and as part of her vows she said she would try to cook more meat.

Exchanging rings

After the ceremony they had a reception and served a stew called Guinness and chocolate chip cookies.

Far Guy said “Wasn’t that a nice wedding”  and it was.  After the reception was dancing and a bonfire…but we came home to feed Chance.

There weren’t alot of decorations, flowers…or fru fru…just a simple ceremony with their sisters standing up for them…surrounded by people who love them and wish them well.

IMG_2037

I heard that the bride designed and sewed her own dress…it was beautiful.  Since both the bride and groom are accomplished dancers the dress is perfect for dancing.

Blog Signature

19 comments:

Pauline Persing said...

Sounds like a perfect wedding. Thanks for posting the photos.

Val Ewing said...

Beautiful! And to be able to sew your own dress? Wow! My son was married in September and it is a nice time to do it. How is Chance doing?

Dawn said...

What a beautiful location for a beautiful ceremony about love! Her dress was stunning. My husband and I celebrated 28 years yesterday, Sept 8. We wish them the same and more.

L. D. said...

It looks like a very wonderful wedding location. A wedding planned around the simple and pure parts of what a wedding is all about. I guess she things she will cook more meat. My son vowed at his wedding not to talk about ISU football so much.

Tired Teacher said...

A wise couple to have a simple yet lovely ceremony. Much of the money is spent on most weddings could be better spent on a down payment on a house or establishing a savings account for the couple.

Victoria Zigler said...

Sounds like a beautiful wedding... Congratulations to the happy couple!

Linda Reeder said...

I like simple. I'll bet everyone had fun too.

Rita said...

Sounds just perfect! Wonderful weather, no hoopla, tearful vows, close family and friends...really perfect. :)

DJan said...

When I got to the end of the post, I had to go back and examine the dress more closely. It's beautiful, and I wish the best for the happy couple. :-)

Betsy said...

September seems to be the month for weddings and anniversaries! It looks like an absolutely beautiful wedding. I like simple too. I love that family played such a big part for them. His sister being the best man and her grandfather performing the wedding. Dennis perform the ceremony for our daughter and she said that made it so much more special. Thanks for sharing with us and I hope chance is doing well.
Blessings, Betsy

Red said...

Great that some young people had the sanity to have a simple wedding.

Granny Marigold said...

I sure agree with Tired Teacher's comment on how the money spent on extravagant weddings would be better spent elsewhere.When we married we wanted a simple wedding but my parents wanted to invite every cousin and friend ( 200 of them) so they did and also paid for it. Still, it would have been nice to have it our way.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful wedding and in my mind perfect!

NCmountainwoman said...

How refreshing to hear about such a beautiful and sensible ceremony. It speaks well of the bride and groom. And their parents.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I love weddings, I had a September wedding, it rained and was somewhat cold

Karen said...

A lovely simple wedding, and I noticed the dress right away, so nice! I sewed my wedding dress too, although didn't design it. Mine was quite simple.

Kansas Kay said...

What a nice realistic wedding! Knowing that it is about the vows and not the hoopla! Thanks for sharing!

Jacqi Stevens said...

Sounds sweet and heartfelt. I think we lose the focus of the real purpose in all the "must have" celebration details now demanded. Good for them: an event that expresses who they are and what they are about. Anymore, that takes social courage.

Sam I Am...... said...

Finally, a couple with some sense! Not spending a fortune to impress people....lovely wedding...I would have loved it even though I tell everyone I don't beleive in marriage....I've always felt that way and now after being married twice, I REALLY feel that way! LOL! But it's fine for other people just not me.