Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Christmas List

I finally made a list.  I had to.  With less than a week until Christmas I need to see that MOST of the bases are covered.

The Christmas Cards have been mailed. 

The downstairs tree is done.  The Shiny Brite tree upstairs still needs some work.

The Christmas Morning menu has been determined.  The Christmas eve menu is in progress depending on who and how many people are here.  Today we will make Seafood Gumbo to put in individual servings for the freezer and we may have it on Christmas eve…well… I will only have it once in a week so I will have Vegetable Soup instead.  If I get real ambitious I will make Garlic Knots…we will see how my time goes this week.  We are busy all week…something happens everyday except Saturday…which may be the day I finish everything that didn’t get accomplished during the week.

All gifts and stocking stuffers are in progress. 

I will make two batches of pumpkin bread, one regular and one gluten free….hopefully!

I think that Jinx The Lumberjack tried to make a collect call and got hung up.

All hung up

Blog Signature

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Jinx! Sounds like you are very busy. John is a big fan of seafood gumbo. Sending hugs to you, FG and Chance.

Kansas Kay said...

The food sounds great! Do you ever go to Morey's Seafood in Motley? I have stopped at their public shopping area. And Jinx is fun!

linda m said...

Jinx makes me laugh. Love the idea of seafood gumbo - save some for me. Don't over-do yourself this week. Take some time to sit and unwind.

DJan said...

Jinx is living up to his name! Your list sounds daunting to me, since I don't ever get that far into the Christmas activities, with nobody here but me and the husband. I enjoy my holiday mostly through the blogs of my dear friends, like you. :-)

Pauline Persing said...

it is fun watching Jinx. I'm baking a gluten-free date bread this morning. A friend who is gluten intolerant says the fruit-filled breads come out better than the plain bread. I will find out. My granddaughter is gluten intolerant.

Rita said...

Wow! You've been busy and your arm must be holding up well. Love Jinx! :)

troutbirder said...

Oh I remember this all well. And we haven't become irreligious we're just simplifying and downsizing much in our "golden years" even Christmas....

Linda Reeder said...

List making in essential here too. Tomorrow it's cooking with the kids again, Scandinavian treats. I am hoping to get someone in my family to carry on traditions. Happy list making. It feels good when we can cross things off.

Becki said...

I love your list. And I adore your Jinx The Lumberjack! lol

Granny Marigold said...

Lists are always a good idea...I love crossing things off on them. Christmas Day menu around here is always the same..no one wants it to change. I still have to figure out what to make for the 26th when the house will be even fuller than ever!

Jacqi Stevens said...

Impressive! Christmas seems to be a year-long project around your home. You make so many of your gifts, and bring tree decorating to a high art with your enviable collectibles. Hope you find some time to just relax and enjoy!

Love the Lumberjack photo! :)

Karen said...

I really like your Jinx! I have started to make a list.... I've been a bit too complacent the last few days, time to get organized and get cracking at the right stuff.

Andrea said...

*haha* Jinx!! Love him! Yes, it's a busy week, isn't it. And then all too soon Christmas will be upon us. xoxo

Cynthia said...

I see Jinx has found some good places to "hang" out! I checked a couple big things off my to-do list this morning and I am feeling a lot calmer. Chamomile tea helps, too, in case you need some!

Sam I Am...... said...

I love the lumberjack! You get lots more done that me but then I'm not having company so I am a slacker.