Friday, December 15, 2017

Shiny Brite Progress

The Shiny Brite tree is in progress.  I go upstairs and add a box or two of ornaments to the tree from the stash a couple of times a day.  The Sandras, Jennifers, Lillians, JoLynns, Minnies, Mildreds, Leanns, and Chances are on the tree. The Madelines, Cyndis, Raes, Tom and Lindas, Edies, Graces, Susans, Kays, Hazels and many ornaments from Far Guy will be hung soon.

Shiny Brite stash

The Stash…I have a system… and all boxes are marked with what ornamanets and who they are from…I should really take photos of each box. For now my post it notes work great!  When all the ornaments are in this big wooden box that looks a little like a coffin…there is not much room left for expansion of the collection. One by one the boxes are taken out, the ornaments put on the tree and the empty boxes stacked on the table.   Some ornaments lose their hooks…some have wobbly metal caps that need to be repaired.

Shiny Brite Christmas

A gift from blog friend Mildred last year.

I feel blessed to have very thoughtful friends who have gifted me with Shiny Brite ornaments over the years. 

Chance had a fairly good day yesterday, he enjoyed a ride to town. 

Blog Signature

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie, We may never meet in person, but when I am out and about, Shiny Brites will always remind me of you. Thankful that Chance could go for a ride yesterday. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. xoxo

linda m said...

Can't wait until the tree is up and you post a picture of it. Have a great weekend. Glad Chance is feeling better.

DJan said...

Yes, you are the Shiny Brite queen in my world, too! I cannot think of anybody else when I see them. I look forward to this year's unveiling of the tree. :-)

Leah said...

Love (emoji) Shiny Brites!! and that gift tag ornament from Mildred is ADORABLE!!

Shirley said...

Timely post- I woke up this morning wondering why you hadn't posted about your Shiny Brite Tree :)
Glad Chance is feeling a bit better. Give him a hug from me.

Tired Teacher said...

Looks like a daunting task, but it's so beautiful when you finish.

Gemma's person said...

Take it easy Chance, take care of yourself and let Far Side and Far Guy baby you...well, more than usual then. Hugs to all of you.

Terry and Linda said...

YAY! I so glad Chance is doing better!

MTWaggin said...

That tag is perfect for you and when I see the few SBs I have left I think of you!

Red said...

The shiny brite decorations are a work of dedication.

Rita said...

Glad to see the tree every year and relieved Chance is feeling better! :)

NanaNor's said...

Happy Friday to you. I have never heard of Shiny Brite ornaments-I wonder if they are east of here. What a delightful decoration. Thank you for sharing and being so encouraging.
Hugs,
Noreen

Granny Marigold said...

I like how you've organized the Shiny Brites according to who gave them to you. Great idea! I have no doubt the finished tree will be gorgeous.

Linda Reeder said...

I love reading about your Shiny Brites! What a great organization system!

Lady Fi said...

You're very organized! I like that gift tag ornament.

Jacqi Stevens said...

What a clever card! And yes, your friends know you well. Your Shiny Brites collection is impressive!

Sam I Am...... said...

I too will always think of you when I see or hear about Shiny Brites! The ornament from Mildred is precious! Where did she find that tiny little box of them? Too cute. You are so organized and I can't wait to see the tree(s)!

L. D. said...

I am anxious to see the tree but I know it takes time. We have one more major thing to do with the village. I am thinking it may not get done now.