Monday, December 18, 2017

Monday before Christmas

I made some more white chocolate and cherry fudge to deliver in tins to a few of the neighbors.  We delivered one tin and had a good visit.  Old neighbors moved on to live closer to their children and one has memory difficulties so she is in a Memory Care Unit.  They sold their lake home to other neighbors that had adjoining land. 

snowfog on the lake

There was snow fog on the lake as it was getting dark. They have been removing a few trees to have a better view of the lake.  They now own the entire North end of the lake.  It is a nice setting but you have to be a mountain goat to get to the water from this new property. We have been calling them “The Land Barons.”

better watch out 

Chance is feeling much better, his diet has been returned to normal.  He still wears the harness to come down the steps…he hates the harness but it keeps him from falling and injuring himself.  He plays a little ball and actually tried to jump at the snow being thrown off the snow shovel yesterday….so he is good to go until the next aging episode.

Blog Signature

16 comments:

linda m said...

So so happy to hear Chance is returning to his old self. Funny how we take longer to heal when we are older. Love the wood carvings.

Gemma's person said...

Wonderful news about Chance.
How is your wrist hand arm doing. You haven't mentioned it in awhile. Hope you are getting much better. You are doing a lot more, but may be working through the pain to get things done. You are a trooper.

DJan said...

That's wonderful news about Chance. I too am doing just fine until my next aging episode. :-)

Tired Teacher said...

Good to hear that Chance is feeling better. Weather has a big impact on aging bones.

Andrea said...

Good to go until the next aging episode. I had to chuckle... that describes me to a tee!! Good news Chance!! xoxo

Terry and Linda said...

YAY CHANCE!!! YAY!

Boomer

Bonnie said...

So glad to hear Chance is better. Uh-oh, I see Jax found Santa.....

Red said...

We're always curious about what goes on where we have lived previously.

Shirley said...

Awww glad Chance is feeling better.

Cynthia said...

So glad Chance is feeling better. You are a fudge-making machine! Such interesting kinds, too. They sound wonderful.

Rita said...

The land barons--LOL! But lake property is prime real estate in Northern Minnesota, to be sure.
So glad Chance is feeling more his old self and eating well. Whew! :) :)

Linda Reeder said...

Good news about Chance! Many of us are working to overcome our "aging issues". I took a tumble last Thursday and was sure I was going to be crippled up for the holidays, but the damage was light and I got right back on my feet. I'm doing a more conscientious job of holding on now, though.

L. D. said...

I am so glad the black and white guy is better. I know they are a tough breed but when the get down it scares us.

Granny Marigold said...

The black and white photo of the lake is quite amazing.
Good to hear Chance is doing better.

Lady Fi said...

Lovely shots. I'd love to own land by a lake! So glad to hear Chance is doing well.

Sam I Am...... said...

I think I am going to look into that harness for Nitty. I just hope I can hold her up with it. She's doing okay but it's just a matter of time and the back leg has gone out on her a few times already. Beautiful picture of the lake. Glad Chance is doing better.